WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Hi and Help Please

CRYSTALMARIECRYSTALMARIE subscriber Posts: 4
edited July 2007 in Protecting Your Ideas
Hi, I`m new & have to tell you I love this site.  It`s full of great info.  Now on to the Help part.  I have created a formula, that by the FDA is considered an over the counter drug.  I believe that I can follow all of their rules regarding it`s sale but am still doing research on that to be safe.  I`m also considering formulating it to be all natural which makes it homeopathic & subject to a seperate set of rules.  On to my questions......
In order for me to follow the FDA guidelines I have to use only their specific active ingredient but I can add others.  If I do this how different from another patent do I have to be to be patentable?  Is it considered obvious if my ingredients are natural but have never been used for this purpose?  When I get the provisional patent does it leave room for me to change the formula in the final patent?  Should I get my provisional before going to a manufacturer to finalize the formulation?  Okay, I think that`s enough for now.  Thank you in advance for your help.

Comments