WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Looking to invest in restaurant startup in Chicago

jlinnyjlinny subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2008 in Startup Funding
I am looking to invest in a restaurant startup in Chicago or even to further the growth (franchise opportunities) of an existing restaurant.
Please email me with your idea or existing restaurant business.  Thank you.
JL

Comments

• mada355mada355 subscriber Posts: 1

Here is the project in a nutshell; complete business package available.

I

have a purchase agreement to purchase a restaurant building, land and assets for $490,000. The building and land alone is appraised at $620,000. There is also a $1 bill redevelopment plan starting this spring in the area of my property to include; upscale homes & Offices, Upscale retail which raise the property value even more.

I have created a Restaurant Group (TRG) with Battlefield Grill (our first restaurant) to open in March…I have 4 other concepts in our future plans and then expand into various states within 5 years.

The JVP that we have received a commitment from is funding $650,000 ($490,000 for the acquisition of the property & $160,000 in working/operating capital). However, after doing some research on this JVP Company it appears that they do not have a good background and has just been discredited so we are seeking private investors or an investment group.

I am offering a 40% sharehold of the restaurant

If this is a project you would be interested in seeing and assisting getting funded then I will speak with you and cease plans with the other JV…. Battlefield grill will be a full service restaurant with bar/lounge…Our plans are to create multiple concepts, operating in various states, eventually becoming a public company….

• jlinnyjlinny subscriber Posts: 1
    Sounds interesting.  Please contact me at jdlinnemeyer @ yahoo.com.  Thanks.
    JL 
  • GotJokesGotJokes subscriber Posts: 0
    JL,

I believe that I have a fully vetted and comprehensive plan that can turn a profit and satisfy an investor in as short as 2 years.

In a nutshell, my plan is to open a Dinner Theater/Comedy Club in the South Suburbs.  Currently there is very little entry into this market, though the interest and brand affiliation with these nationally recognized comedians as well as mid-sized venue concert performers has a loyal following that would sustain it indefinitely.

A very similar business plan has been already constructed and followed in Texas (Spellbinder), which remained enormously solvent, popular and a relavent trend setter for 17 years. 

In addition to a dinner theater auditorium, I do plan to have a more traditional dining hall that can seat 180 patrons at a time (the auditorium would seat 300-350).  I have already been working with land leasing agents, the Illinois Restaurant Association, Advertising agencies as well as technical and municipal agents who assure me that the idea has a considerable amount of merit and interest. 

Am willing to be flexible and fair to terms, involvement.

I have 12 years relevant management experience.  My security director has 10+ years security (armed and unarmed) experience.  A complete and comprehensive business plan is available to submit electronically and/or otherwise.
  • InterestedInterested subscriber Posts: 0
    Can you send me your bus plan
  • GotJokesGotJokes subscriber Posts: 0
    Interested, I submitted my plan a while ago and am following up with that discussion.  Have you come to a decision or have you moved on?
  • silli336silli336 subscriber Posts: 0
    Hello,

Not sure if you are still interested in investing with a good restaurant concept. If you are please email me back at crob336@aol.com and we can discuss further.

Regards,
    Chris