WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

How to create a successful forum in your website.

ChrisFarleyChrisFarley subscriber Posts: 20
How do you create a forum similar to the one on this site? How easy is it and whats the cost?

Comments

• Options
    DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    How do you create a forum similar to the one on this site? How easy is it and whats the cost?

Wow...you`re talking about about a lot of work! At least, that`s what a few of the forum owners I know told me. Why do you want to create a forum? Are you trying to build a community? Because you can actually build a blog community a heck of a lot easier and faster. 

In my opinion, you should start a blog first to gauge interest in your topic. And then if successful, transfer your blog readers over to your forum.

Dale King

DKing11/28/2007 1:52 PM
  • Options
    DaisyLeeDaisyLee subscriber Posts: 1
    I have also been thinking of creating a forum on my site. All of your comments are extremely helpful to me making a decision.
    The ones I have been looking at are through WP. I found them under the plugins by searching 'forum'.
    I don't know if your site is built on WP or not. If so, this would be a simple addition of plugin.