WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

I trust you all`s opinions!

RayaRaya subscriber Posts: 1
edited April 2008 in Website Critique
I`ve finally got the guts to submit my website to be critiqued by the startupnation family because I trust that you all will be honest and not judgemental.  :0)
My website is www.fromwelfaretowork.com and I did it myself.  You might be able to tell that I  have absolutely no experience.  I plan to insert a headshot at the top of my about me page.  I am still working on the resources page as well.  What do you think so far?

Comments

• Mpalmer22Mpalmer22 subscriber Posts: 0
    Raya,

I took a look at your site, and it looks pretty good so far. I think you have a lot of really great content and a really powerful message.  Depending on what you want your site to be, I might make a couple of different suggestions.  I think it would be a waste if you couldn`t get your message out there, since it is so stong.  I have a background in website optimization and marketing, so forgive me if I am overly critical.  If you are planning on updating your site frequently, and adding a good bit of information to it on a regular basis, you may want to think about taking the site in a different direction via a WordPress Blog (wordpress.org).  You can do lots of customization, and even make the a WP Blog, look like a regular site.  The reason I suggest this, is that it has a system to allow you to add content to your site quickly and easily without having to build new pages for every new topic.   There is also a very active community, with lots of information to help you get started, and it is all free. 
    If you aren`t planning on updating very often, I would make the text in your navigation either bold or a larger font so that they can be read more easily.  As far as the main content, you may want to think about using another color or font for the text to make it stand out more.  As of now, it blends together and can get difficult to read.  If you have any more questions, I can try and help with those.  Good luck, and good work so far.

Mike
  • SiteFlipAcademySiteFlipAcademy subscriber Posts: 0
    Hello there, just been through your site and it`s looking good so far. I like how simple it looks and nice header design.
  • RayaRaya subscriber Posts: 1
    Thank you all so much for your help! I really appreciate it.
    Raya4/17/2008 11:00 PM
  • RayaRaya subscriber Posts: 1
    Wow! I appreciate all you guys.  I`m working on the changes you suggested.  Thank you much! 

• cspeltscspelts subscriber Posts: 1
    I love the header. Its simple and very creative. All in all I think you site is great. I would eliminate some of the web addresses in there, as has been suggested. Other than that I think the content in great and you have a great thing going here.

God Bless and good luck to you.

-Corrina