WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Networking

NetmomNetmom subscriber Posts: 5
edited July 2007 in Marketing
Hi all!
I am curious, what do you all do to harness the power of networking (besides SuN) to build your business and expose your brand? I reecommended a book call The Millionaire Zone on the book club list. In picking it up again I realized that although I network I can certainly do more to leverage my networks and networking opportunities.
I`ll start. I attend functions for several Chamber of Commerce org in the city. I also am a part of a world-wide email loop. I am also active in some Economic Development orgs and women owned business organizations.  
Who`s next? 

Comments

• Options
    NetmomNetmom subscriber Posts: 5
    I agree with you especially on the point of volunteerism as a means of networking and staying connected with a purpose. And giving back to a cause that is close to you opens the door in so many differnet ways especially to your spirit.
    On networking at events where you aren`t planning to sell, I couldn`t agree more that those tend to be those unexpected jewels of opportunity that take the edge and pressure off.