WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Reposting my site for review

NetmomNetmom subscriber Posts: 5
edited July 2007 in Website Critique
Hi all!
I would like to ask you all to take a look at my site www.chitchatandchew.com</A>. Please let me know you thoughts on functionality and if the message is clear to you. Any other comments are welcome. Thanks!

Comments

• jwatkinsjwatkins subscriber Posts: 11 Bronze Level Member
    Beautiful site. However, I  can`t seem to find anything about the chit chat part. The chew part is pretty self explanitory.
  • VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    I tried to find *something* to criticize, but I just couldn`t.  Your site rates a ten with me - extremely rare.Steve
  • NetmomNetmom subscriber Posts: 5
    Wow I am so happy to see these comments!
    jwatkins - I will have to take a look at how to make the "Chit Chat" more obvious (you should have seen it before...). We played with giving more time to the Chit Chat Cue Cards and will have to look at how we can possibly make it more defined.
    Steve - That is fabulous to hear thanks!
    Craig - Great comments and suggestions and you are right on point with me on the themes that are on my short list to target, they are literally on my list. I will be looking into the other things you mentioned and thanks for taking the time to look at it again.

Thank you so much Jackie! Let`s hope I can convince the masses of that same thing.
    I am glad you "got it". I am almost ready to exhale...

Craig I have listed it in the Marketplace, thanks for the tip.
  • happy2bemehappy2beme subscriber Posts: 6
    I just visited and think the site looks good, however I couldn`t see anything on the homepage that led me toward how I would become closer to my family. In my opinion, this is a GREAT concept, but you have to dig to find out how the "bonding" piece happens. I have struggled with my site for a long time, messaging is key and tough because you only have an instant to pull people in. I might suggest posting some very cleat photos of the entire kit. You say "kit" but all I see is cookies (and brownies.) One photo of cookies with a photo of the entire kit underneath. Everyone knows what a brownie looks like, but they don`t necessarily know what your product looks like. I would also highly recommend highlighting some text to lead them to other pages, where they can dig deeper at will. Another suggestion, I clicked on your Show Now button and it very much looked like I was buying a variety of cookies for $25.00???? Not showing your "kit" makes me wonder, purely as a consumer, if maybe it`s not worth showing. Does that make sense? Those are my honest opinions and in our business, honest feedback is like gold! I would also consider going with something along the lines of- turn making cookies into making memories, or your familys recipe for communication. Something like that.
    All the best, Diana Low
    www.theappreciationstation.com</A>

Great suggestions Diana! Illustrating the kit more and even better showcasing the questions is certainly easy to do. You are right that type of insight is worth gold. Thank you so much for taking a look at the site for me.
    You have actually been on my mind. I would love to explore linking when appropriate, your offering is a great compliment to mine.