WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Are you a marketing expert?

HypnowHypnow subscriber Posts: 2
edited November 2008 in Marketing
From a marketing perspective, please feel free to critique my new website.  I know I can do more... just don`t know exactly what.

www.bodyrules.com

Thanks!
Hypnow11/26/2008 1:31 PM

Comments

• JanRoosJanRoos subscriber Posts: 0
    I think your site looks good, I would add an optin form on each page and maybe give away a free report or free tips etc. Then build your list and let our autoresponder go to work for you 24/7
    Cheers,
    Jan Roos
  • HypnowHypnow subscriber Posts: 2
    Thanks Craig!  That`s the kind of feedback I was looking for.  Everyone says how nice and soothing it is to visit my site, but no one is eager to buy.  Must work on that since that`s the primary goal!
  • DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member

From a marketing perspective, please feel free to critique my new website.  I know I can do more... just don`t know exactly what.

www.bodyrules.com</A>

Thanks!

What stood out for me was the lack of a benefit-laden statement or headline in your header. In other words,  what`s in it for me? Give me a reason to stay on your site. Also, I think your header is too large. It overwhelms the page.
    David Jackson
  • patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
    I am curious why you use the "tm" as you do, as in:

Body Centered Hypnotherapy™ and Myom Daily Practice™

What do you regard as your trademark in these situations?
    Thanks for checking out my website.
    The use of the terms are unique.  Isn`t that how trademarks are defined?  What would you recommend?
    Thanks David.  I thought that was the case, but I guess I got used to seeing it that way and forgot.
  • DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
    Thanks David.  I thought that was the case, but I guess I got used to seeing it that way and forgot.

My pleasure.

David Jackson
  • ebootcampebootcamp subscriber Posts: 3
    Hi Lizette,

I think before any of us can really critique the site, we need to know your desired result. In a perfect world, what would a typical surfer of your site do? Would they opt-in to the enewsletter so you could remain in contact with them? Or would they buy your featured product? If it was the latter, then my first recommendation would be to raise the "buy now" button up above the fold. In other words, don`t make me scroll to find it. But again, if you could outline what you what your desired response is from a typical user, we can then provide some suggestions for improvement.

By the way, aesthetitically, the site is quite nice. But I know that doesn`t pay the bills!

all the best,

Corey Perlman

www.ebootcampbook.com

"Buy the book on January 14th and recieve over $1,000 in free bonuses from Best Selling Authors like Michael Gerber (The e-Myth Revisited) and T. Harv Eker (The Millionaire Mind)"
    "By the way, aesthetitically, the site is quite nice. But I know that doesn`t pay the bills!"

Now the work is making it appealing to buy, not to browse through.

My goals are to make you buy my products, tell others about it, and stay in touch with me - in that order. 

I`m in the midst of making some revisions and will change that "buy now" button... makes sense.  Actually, just looking at your website gives me a few ideas  - just reserved a copy of your book!

Thanks,

Hi Lizette,

Thank you for ordering the book - did you pre-order it on B&N or Amazon?

Also, thanks for sharing your goals on your site. I`ll get back in there and make some recommendation when I get back in town. I`m headed to Vancouver for a convention but will be back next week.

thanks Lizette!

Corey
    It took my directly to B&N, so I just ordered it from there.

Have a great time in Vancouver.  Looking forward to seeing more suggestions about marketing my website.

All the best,

Hypnow12/9/2008 1:14 PM
  • patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
    Claiming trademark rights improperly can lead to problems.  I would ask your attorney about that for specific guidance.
    Hi Lizette!

Is the "Buy Now" button on your site new? I like it, but it looks a little small. I checked it in both IE and Firefox and it`s hard to read in both. Can you enlarge it a little?

Also, I notice each of your pages has the same title tag (Your Body Rules Make Desirable Connections). I`d suggest making a customized title tag for each page of your Website. That way, you can direct people to each individual site from Google and its a way to incorporate more keywords for search engines to review.

Happy Holidays!

Corey
    I did change it, but I`m not thrilled with it.  My web designer was in a rush and didn`t have time to make small changes, but was able to make the major ones, like in my About page.  When she returns, I have a whole lot more to offer her.
    Thanks for the recommendation on the customized titles.  I`ll have to look into that too. 

Happy Holidays, and a Prosperous New Year!

~Liz
  • igglesiggles subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi Liz,

It`s not clear what you want me to do.  Do you want me to read your blog, buy the featured product, sign up for a mind body coach?  I think your site is very peaceful, and I like the ambiance.

Regards,