WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How do I get more people to post in my sites forum?

vacationcentricvacationcentric subscriber Posts: 1
My sites forum is still slow. How do I get people to post in the forum? www.vacationcentric.com

Comments

• stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    Hello,
    Do you have an opted in member email list? Do you send them newletters? Mention hop topics in the newsletters and ask for responses.

Erin
  • consumertreehouseconsumertreehouse subscriber Posts: 11
    I think you have a great idea with your forum. I know my family prefers to rent a house or cabin for vacation, not a hotel or a resort. I am a strong believer that if you promote and advertise your site then the people will take notice and start posting. I also don`t think there is anything wrong with starting conversations on your own forum. A lot of people are afraid to be the first person to start a conversation, so start them yourself. People will take notice and respond.Also link up with sites that are similar to your and cross promote them. This will increase traffic to your site and people will start posting. Don`t be afraid to start the conversations. We start them with family and friends all the time.Good Luck
  • DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    My sites forum is still slow. How do I get people to post in the forum?

You probably aren`t going to want to hear this, but in my opinion, you jumped the gun on your forum. You should have started a blog first to gauge interest in your topic, added lots of useful, relevant content, built up your credibilty and traffic, and then if successful transferred your blog readers over to your forum.

If your forum was good and relevant, word of mouth and organic SEO would take over and your forum would grow that way. It would be a natural progression.

It`s still not too late to do it the right way. Of course, you`re going to have to be patient, because it takes time to build traffic this way. Or you can try buying traffic announcing your new forum. But I personally don`t recommend that approach either, because buying forum traffic typically doesn`t work - at least not over the long haul.

I hope you don`t mind me asking, but why did you start a forum in the first place? Was it to build a community? Because you can actually build a blog community a heck of a lot easier and faster. Just something to keep in mind.
    Dale King
    DKing11/28/2007 8:23 AM
  • Ziyapathan0143Ziyapathan0143 subscriber Posts: 150 Silver Level Member
    The following are a few suggestions we've discovered helpful for expanding the prominence and guests of our gathering.

1.Increase notoriety of your site

2.Enable visitor posting

3.Allow visitors to see the discussions

4.Mention the gathering on every one of your pages

5.Create posts for mainstream themes