WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Website effectiveness

PatAtStartUpNationPatAtStartUpNation subscriber Posts: 2
edited June 2007 in Website Critique
Hi Fellow members,
My website has been converted into an e-commerce site.
Your frank critique about the content, design and effectiveness of the site will be sincerely appreciated:
http://www.backvitalizer.com</A>

Comments

• PatAtStartUpNationPatAtStartUpNation subscriber Posts: 2
    I want to give a huge Thank-You to Graff, Craig and StartUpNation.
    Within a few hours after I posted my message, I had received a call from Graff at GoTruckStop.com and an email response from Craig pointing out the shortcomings of my site. They are shocking, however all to the point, practical and helpful.
    Even more surprisingly, I may have found a new distributor in Graff for Back Vitalizer. I am amazed to see how power StartUpNation.com is. And I am sincerely grateful to the kind support from my fellow StartUpNation members.
    Thanks to Graff. Thanks to Craig. Thanks to StartUpNation.
    Pat

Dear Cartess,
    Thank you for detialed and insightful advice which is exactly what a person like me need. I will do my home work to have your advices and those from Graff and Craig implemented. Once that is done, I will come back for your further critique and advice. And certainly, in the meanwhile, if something come across your mind about my site, I will be thrilled to hear the add-ons from you.
    I am sorry to hear that you have back pain issue. I will be more than happy to help you in any way we can, if you would let me know a bit more about it. Please feel free to give me a call. And we will go from there.
    Your critique and advice are sincerely appreciated. I look forward to hearing from you more.
    Best regards,
    Pat
    Dear Craig and Cartless,
    You are both true genius. And your discussion is the utmost demenstration of the amazing power of team work or brain storming. The discussion between you two made Craig`s original idea crisp and clear to me. I believe that the idea of categorized response and the email registration can be combined, and that a targeted report sent to a registered email may make it even more special to the potential customer, if it is technically possible, and I certainly hope so. 
    I will work on this brilliant concept and have it implemented ASAP. It does look like that my website needs a big over haul.
    Once again, your brilliant thoughts are sincerely appreciated from the bottom of my heart.
    I look forward to staying in touch with you and hearing from you more.
    Have a wonderful Memorial Weekend.
    Pat
    Dear Cartess,
    I just realized that I had misspelled your name in my post reply above  I apologize for the mistake, and hope you would forgive me for it.
    Your helps are sincerely appreciated.
    Have a nice long weekend,
    Pat 
    Dear All,
    I continue to be amazed to see the incredible spirit and power of the Startupnation community. I did not realize, till today, that the brilliant brainstorming continued on, after I posted my thank you message on May 26th. Three thousand thanks to you ALL for your continued support! 
    I have been doing my homework based on the feedback from prior May 26 - first on the point of giving the "eyes a point to rest" on my pages (according to Craig`s feedback). I am happy to report that revisions have been made to provide resting points for eyes on the home and product pages, and in the process some points of Cartess` 8 Step advices were also attemped. I will appreciate your review of the pages and any feedback or thoughts you may have and would share with me.
    I want to thank nhgnikole for her kind advice re. writing to 6th grader. 
    My immedidate next step is to work on the "8 Steps" and the "writing to 6th graders". The catagory specific response will take some time to accomplish. I will report back with the results.
    In the mean time, I would appreciate any of your thoughts and feedback on my revised pages at http://www.backvitalizer.com/products.php?product=bv</A> for "giving eyes resting points".
    I am grateful to you all for your kind support, and look forward to the continuation of the GREAT brainstorimg.
    Best regards,
    Pat

Thank you, Craig, for your prompt response.
    I will work on that something about how it looks and works. Will report back.
    Best regards,
    Pat
    Hi Craig,
    I just added the image of Back Vitalizer and the Q&A on "How and why does Back Vitalizer work?" to the product page.
    Are they adequate in addressing your point?
    I am continuing on the work on the other points from your discussion.
    I look forward to hearing from you.
    Best regards,
    Pat

• InactiveMemberInactiveMember subscriber Posts: 12
    I think the copywriting is pretty good now. It certainly made me pay attention as I am of the age where back injury is common. The only reason it falls short excellence is the absence - so far as I can tell - of a communication strategy. But the page made me want to buy the product or learn more - so I think it works. Obviously the previous posts contained fantastic advice because the site is commercially appealing. 
    Hi CM,
    I will look into the my communication stratey. I have to confess that I have not about it. I will work on it and report back.
    Best regards,
    Pat
  • InactiveMemberInactiveMember subscriber Posts: 12
    Don`t think about it too much. Your site is very good ...
    Dear Cartess, Craig and  CM,
    I am really overwhelmed with the kind and detailed support you have provided me with, especially those from Cartess. They are all extremely helpful and are sincerely appreciated. I am completely in debted with all of you - my kind and mentors, and sincerely hope to have an opportunity to return your kindness.
    I have had Cartess` powerful draft opening page adopted and implemented. Along with it, I have also further strengthened the "How`s" and "why`s" on the product page.
    To Craig`s question: our company name is "perspectis, inc." The "(perspectis:)" is an artistic logo of our company name.
    I will also be working the update the colour of the product images. The old color from 4 years ago was "cream" and the site did not get updated since. I will have the color update as soon as possible.
    I will still go back to the earlier points made in this brain storming and further improve the site. In the meanwhile I will appreciate hearing from you if you have any thoughts to my work done so far.
    I will be on a trip for the nest 5 days, and I be back and join you again then.
    Best regards,
    Pat   
    Dear Cartess,
    I appologize for having forgotten answering your question re. "Do you have a distributor plan for your product?"
    Besides our clinical channel, we do have a small base of independent distributors who make Back Vitalizer available to end users whether individuals or companies.
    We will be delighted to work with you, if you are interested in distributing the product and referring distributors to us.
    In any event, I would like to have an opportunity to see what I could do to help you with your back pain. (this is not part of the marketing approach you and Craig discussed earlier. I just genuinely want to help you, and any one in our brain storming process, if I can.)
    Best regards,
    Pat