WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

left message, then emailed w/ more info..leave another message?

lisavetalisaveta subscriber Posts: 8
edited January 2008 in Marketing
I found out about a distributor who could sell my product very well I think, and I know they have a trade show this weekend. I called and left a message describing my product, then emailed including a picture and a price, and saying I would leave 2 in my doorway in case she wants to pick them up for consideration for her booth at the show this weekend. Now I am asking myself, should I call again with those details, in case she checks her email less frequently than her voice messages, or is that too pushy? What do you think?

Comments

• SecurityProfessionalSecurityProfessional subscriber Posts: 2
    I don`t think that calling again would be too pushy. Besides, sometimes being pushy is what it takes. If you don`t aggressively promote your product, who will?

• RicWillmotRicWillmot subscriber Posts: 14
    What would be the motivation for this person to engage with you about this?

Please accept this with the good grace with which it is intended, and my motivation is to help you:

Why on earth would this person come over to your place, to pick up your product, to make sales for you?
    This person more than likely already has a portfolio of product that is satisfying their business model and current customers.
    You need to approach this from THEIR perspective not yours.
    What is it that you can do for them with your product, that they need, and will significantly benefit them?

Create value for them and consider: how will this supplier be better off by embracing my product into their range?

Best wishes,
    Ric

• CMJOfficeCMJOffice subscriber Posts: 2
    I completely agree with Karen.  I would either drop the material off to her or go to the trade show.