WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

How To Become a Website Marketing Ninja

iyazamiyazam subscriber Posts: 33
edited September 2008 in Marketing
One of the main issues with marketing a website is trying to figure out new ways to get people to click on your link. The bottom line is - thats basically all you need - is to get people to click on your link.

The problem is that people wont just click on your link unless they have a real good reason to. So now you need to think of creative ways to get people to click on your link.

Here is what I do with my site http://twitter.com/Hillelp) and Indenti.ca.

Then comes Blog commenting - I check my email for the Google Alerts - to see where the keywords I showed interest in are being discussed on the web. I strive for 4 blog comments a day. This is a great goal to set.

My new baby now is Ning.com - ning has many focused social networks - I am active in some networks, again related to my niche and I add comments or post articles within those networks. (It is really worth while to check out the social networks at Ning.)

Just like in the offline world companies will send out brochures with information to get customers, The same idea here with preparing an article with information. Online, this is your "pre-selling brochure" to get people to click on your link.

Comments