WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

AP Financial Services - celebrities

financialservicesapfinancialservicesap subscriber Posts: 1
edited February 2008 in Marketing
Hi,
I`ve noticed from some of the Sun posts, that a lot of  businesses would like to get their products and services in front of celebrities, or better yet, endorsed by celebrities.  So,.....it made me wonder.  Has anyone tried to contact a celebrity?  Any great stories on direct approaches?
thank you, AP Financial Services
apfinancial services, ap financial services,  ap financial , apfinancial

http://jobs.jobx.com.au/programming/oracle/175821

Comments

• Options
    cdbartworkcdbartwork subscriber Posts: 11
    AP Financial Services:

I am someone interested in getting my jewelry or sun safe clothing worn by a celebrity as we have become a celebrity driven nation unfortunately. Your question actually makes me wonder about the passivity of my approach, asking others how to do it. So I am on a quest and if I make this happen, I will let you know.

Colleen
  • Options
    daleyfla99daleyfla99 subscriber Posts: 1
    Colleen, I understand that the "stylists" make all the calls about what the celebs wear.  I have jewelry too, so I have considered it as well.  Find out who the stylist is for the celeb you want and send them a complimentary piece for the star.

AP, you can start with your local celebs and work your way up the celebrity ladder.  We used to have a Boston Celtic on our staff when I was in New England and some former Dolphins with the FS office in FL.  Neither one added anything of significance to the firm execept name recognition.  Why do you want a celeb to endorse you?  If they use you, they generally do not want that information shared, and you should not share it without their permission.
  • Options
    cdbartworkcdbartwork subscriber Posts: 11
    Dale:

This is the 4th attempt to get this posting to go through. My interest in a celeb and my jewelry is simply to have a photo blown up, displayed in my booth and the buyers drawn to this and placing more orders. I have seen many people at the NY Shows with such posters and they seem to do a lot of business.

I tried logging on to your site but got an error message, I would like to see your jewelry.

Any marketing tips you can pass along?

Thank you.

Colleen
  • Options
    daleyfla99daleyfla99 subscriber Posts: 1
    try this direct link:  http://www.maskercreations.net,  The website is a work in progress, not much of the jewelry is there at all.  Have pictures, just no time to load them up.  And Vista is not cooperating with my web provider...augggghhhh.

Hopefully that puts you through.  Near me in S.FL a lot of exposure is coming from doing charity shows, ie. part of your proceeds go to the charity.  They invite their donors, seems to attract a higher end clientele, the kind you want to become your following.

My jewelry is mostly lower end beaded stuff $15-40 for a necklace, earrings, 5, 10, 15, 20, bracelets from 10 to 50 bucks.  I make money from selling sets.