WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Google Tinkering With Search Results...

DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
In its ongoing quest for perfect search results, Google is tinkering again. You can read all about it here:http://www.imediaconnection.com/news/17537.asp
Dale King

DKing12/8/2007 12:21 PM

Comments

• Options
    sddreamweaverssddreamweavers subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    I heard about this a while back.  It was being compared to Digg, but for search results.  I think it`s a smart idea though I can already think of flaws.  Even still, the data from such a feature could be quite valuable.

In other words they`re trying to Copy Stumble Upon.
    Dale, this is one of the `fad` marketing tools I would suggest looking into and studying.
  • Options
    WebsitesUnleashedWebsitesUnleashed subscriber Posts: 4
    Google has been `tickering` with results well before this.
    Employees have openly talked about how Google analyzes the click patterns and preferences of its users when searching. This also happens with the Adwords program. Better performing Ad`s will move into higher positions for the same price. Thereby, choosing the best ad copy and keywords, can save your campaign a ton of money.
    Better performing entries are upped in rank until they stop performing. They find an equilibrium for each entry based on a mix of their core system and now user opinion.
    There will always be flaws, but the real system will prevail after they combat every flaw with a solution and continual update it as they always have been doing. This new methodology will definitely help smaller sites grow where they are deserved to grow in. Spammers and squatters will definitely become a thing of the past, it will just take some time.
  • Options
    Ziyapathan0143Ziyapathan0143 subscriber Posts: 150 Silver Level Member
    Along these lines, since I'm generally new to the IT world, I've been picking up involvement by volunteering my leisure time to give technical support to neighborhood non-benefit organizations that can't bear to contract an IT laborer or expert. Generally, the work has been really essential, including desktop repair and settling average system related issues.

The previous evening, one of my customers, an instructive organization, educated me that one of their clients was disappointed with the program he had selected in, and countered by composing a detest filled blog entry vilifying the organization as a religious faction. It's a totally ludicrous claim, however tragically, a Google pursuit of the organization now demonstrates the previously mentioned blog entry as the No. 2 proposal, behind the organization's genuine site. As you can envision, the PR office is not very cheerful about it, and they have connected with me and inquired as to whether there's anything I can do to keep the post from showing up so near the highest point of the inquiry.

My first request of business was to deal with their desires... I clarified that this circumstance was in all likelihood outside of my control, yet that I would take the end of the week to do some exploration, and ideally return to them with a few thoughts for them to seek after.

Following a day of thought, my best proposal is have them connect with their clients, particularly the individuals who keep up their very own blog, and have them compose a post examining their positive involvement with the organization, with expectations of possibly pushing the negative post additionally down the recommendations list. In all actuality however, I'm not acquainted with how Google looks capacity, and I made sense of I'd reach to the TE people group to check whether anybody has had any comparable encounters with controlling Google indexed lists or something comparable.