WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Check out my site!

taxgirltaxgirl subscriber Posts: 2
edited April 2007 in Website Critique
I would like some feedback on my website, please!

www.cjojohn.com</A>

Comments

• iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14
    Hello taxgirl. The site looks pretty good. Only one thing I found strange... Why is your home page tittled "default"?
  • deltadelta subscriber Posts: 0
    Very professional site, Carole (and I`m not just saying that because you spell your name with an E like me) I browsed throught the site and came away feeling like you really know what you`re talking about. Well done!
  • taxgirltaxgirl subscriber Posts: 2
    Thanks, iouone2!
    I changed the home page...thanks for catching that!
    Taxgirl
  • ChuckChuck subscriber Posts: 6
    The font disparities bugged me too, like to see some consistency there.The search box is placed in an odd location, and gets lost easily - put it in a more standard locale, i.e. right-side near the top, or within navigation.I know it`s nit-picky, but those three white squares at top right were the first thing that drew my eye, and they do nothing. Perhaps find a better use for these, or eliminate something that draws attention away.The logo and other images are pixelated, could use some professional treatment. It should also lead the site off, rather than the "Personalized Accounting..." which is a service description.The code is pretty bloated - huge amount of font tags (which are deprecated), empty paragraph tags, etc. For example, this:<p align="center"><font><font color="#996600"><font size="4"><font face="Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif"><font><font color="#996600"><font size="4"><font face="Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif"><font color="#008a4a" face="Verdana" size="3"><font color="#310500" face="`Trebuchet MS`, `Lucida Grande`, sans-serif">Tax season does not end on April 15th. For most businesses, it`s an ongoing process that continues throughout the year. Tax planning and quarterly payments throughout the year can save you time and money at year end.</font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></p>Could look like this with some stylesheet attention: <p>Tax season does not end on April 15th. For most businesses, it`s an ongoing process that continues throughout the year. Tax planning and quarterly payments throughout the year can save you time and money at year end.</p>
  • EmilyPEmilyP subscriber Posts: 0
    Carole, overall I like your site. I think the color scheme is great; it makes the page look very professional. I would have to agree with the others though about the font disparities (throughout the entire site), as well as the paragraph justification. I like the way your "Corporate Tax" segment is laid out - I think that was the most professional looking part of it all. 
  • FEVFEV subscriber Posts: 1
    The layout template looks good, very pro.   Agree on the font thing, make your fonts consistent makes it look more professional, and the more professional the more people will trust you with their money.I would put your logo in the upper left corner, right now it only appears on your home page.There`s a lot of text on your pages too, I know it`s finance, and doesn`t lend itself to terribly exciting imagery, but some pictures of people resting instead of doing their taxes, or pictures of you with clients or even some cool diagrams to explain things would really spruce it up a bit.Overall good job!