WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Home Inventory Business

EngineerEngineer subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2010 in Home-Based Businesses
Hello:
Has anyone had any success with a Home Inventory Business? If so how did you get started? Did you develop your own system or did you purchase a starter kit?

Thanks,
Engineer

Comments

• tazer6tazer6 subscriber Posts: 0
    i wish that i could help answer your question, but i can't. instead, i guess i will respond to your question with a question of my own. could you briefly explain what exactly a home inventory business is please?
  • Tuah BaoTuah Bao subscriber Posts: 176 Silver Level Member
    You can use open source CMS such as Drupal and Joomla. The shopping cart will come together with inventory module/plugin.
    Tuah Bao
    100+ done for you courses to immediately start running your own profitable e-learning business
    https://www.courseserious.com/

• John G. AnaiJohn G. Anai subscriber Posts: 83 Silver Level Member

The first step in starting a home inventory business requires taking home inventory education courses. Keeping home inventory doesn’t mean just writing down a list of items, such as furniture or equipment, within the house. The job also consists of appraising items to determine their value. Antiques, art and jewelry may need professional appraisal. You can take inexpensive courses at community colleges or on the Internet to learn the tasks in running a successful home inventory business. The courses aren’t difficult and will help you learn the appropriate values of certain items and what insurance companies will pay out in case of losses.