WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Best web designers?

cdurbinrhpcdurbinrhp subscriber Posts: 7
Who are the top companies?  Who would be the best for database searches and social networking programming?  My company is currently working with a company out of Indian, but if they can`t get it done....who should I turn to.  If you know enough about this all...or if you`re capable...sell me on your team and service.  If you know what the price tag on this type of service will end up being...please, let me know.
Thanks

Comments

• keyconkeycon subscriber Posts: 34
    cdurbinrhp,
    Who do you pitch for? Can`t tell in the profile photo. Just wondering.
    R@
  • SolidGrndSolidGrnd subscriber Posts: 11
    Okay...don`t know much about baseball...but I know I have been working with a FANTASTIC team of web designer/developers out of Indiana and they have done WONDERS with my high database needs and search engine needs. You should talk to them! www.nharmony.com</A> Seriously...GREAT GROUP!!!!
  • ChristinaChristina subscriber Posts: 6
    Thanks for the kind words, Leah. We certainly hope we are meeting (or exceeding) all of your needs and expectations.  I`m so glad you like what we have done so far! 
  • SolidGrndSolidGrnd subscriber Posts: 11
    I love what you guys have done!!! You kidding...I am just trying to NOT be that client that drives the web developers to drink heavily and think about homicide!  It is soooooo hard when you have this HUGE image in your head of allllllllll these things you want to have done...and there is always this little need for reality checks on occasion  so I don`t try to get ahead of myself...um...or ahead of you guys!!  
  • ChristinaChristina subscriber Posts: 6
    Believe me, if there were any clients driving me to drinking, it
    certainly wouldn`t be you Besides, I`ve read a couple of posts of
    yours that imply that you enjoy a good glass of pinot... that`s one of
    my favorite types of wine, so I`d be more inclined to drink WITH you!
  • cdurbinrhpcdurbinrhp subscriber Posts: 7
    Joel!!  Thanks for the message in my topic post!!  I know we`ll all be pulling for the Tigers pretty hard for the World Series!!!  Hope to talk with you soon
  • keyconkeycon subscriber Posts: 34
    Joel - thanks for the update on Chad.
    Chad - good luck to you in all you do - I wish you much success and welcome to SuN.
    Since my Braves had an off year, I`m pulling for the Tigers and for St. Louis against the dreaded Mets. Leyland is a lot like Bobby Cox and I`m sure he has been an inspiration to all the young guys on the Detroit team. Go Tigers!
    R@keycon2006-10-18 20:28:56
  • ChuckChuck subscriber Posts: 6
    As a Yankees fan (born and raised), I had the joy of attending Game 3 of the ALDS to watch an improbable shutout of my beloved bronx bombers.  Despite that I`m pulling for the Tigers over the Mets/Cardinals.As far as web design and development Chad, I think you`re going to find that it`s far from a consolidated industry - the nature of the work makes it suitable for everything from small, boutique firms and design/development from multi-nationals.  The choice of which type of firm to go to will come down to some of your specific needs (i.e. if you feel more comfortable `going local`, that`s a very viable option in most markets, and there are a ton of resources for finding those firms online).
  • inkwireinkwire subscriber Posts: 3
    There`s a huge variety in web design out there, and it will come down to a company who you are comfortable with.  It may be because you like their work or you like how they treat you.  It may be that you pick someone local or you pick someone because you  dovetail with their philosophy.We make sure we communicate with customers every step of the way and let the purpose of the site (ie your message) guide the design.  We also make sure we get a feel for what the customer wants and likes in terms of design - sometimes they have very firm ideas of colors and elements, and other times we`re advised what colors they like and to `surprise them.`
  • dikertromedikertrome subscriber Posts: 0
    Great information shared here about web designer. I really got the amazing knowledge from here. There are so many advantages of it. It is helpful to people. I am highly obliged to be here by getting it. Thanks for sharing helpful stuff.
  • madelinekimmadelinekim subscriber Posts: 0
    Well, Best designer will definitely have lots of experience in their. When you select the designer they will show you the portfolio of every projects which they have done. So, I recommend to visit each and every site on which they I have.