WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Anybody use Yahoo! Merchant Solutions?

cjpeepscjpeeps subscriber Posts: 5
I am considering going with a different company for my website package.  I know a little html (enough to get me in trouble) and want to be able to add and remove products myself.
In addition to selling stuff, I would like a package that includes autoresponder, shopping cart, blog, and anything else that is necessary (not necessarily an add-on) to run an ecommerce site.
I see StartUpNation is featured on Yahoo! Small Business.  Has or does anyone use Yahoo! Merchant Solutions?
If so, what are the pros and cons?  Other suggestions for an all-inclusive package where I can maintain products and start at reasonable prices?
This might be a lot to ask, but I think there are solutions out there.

Comments

• cjpeepscjpeeps subscriber Posts: 5
    Thanks Nikole.  As you might have guessed, I`m floundering here.  I don`t like the website I have but I`m not even sure what direction I want to go.
    I am gathering as much information as I can before I make the next move, however, since I didn`t quite gather enough before I started this whole process.
    I think I would like to change my focus from just selling gifts to a site that  provides information to support marriage and sells products (books and gifts) through affiliates.
    Can anyone provide some examples of well-designed sites that are selling products, not internet marketing affiliate stuff?  I have seen a few that are not appealing at all, but I want to combine information with functionality with good design.
    Kim, Thanks for your feedback and the lead to prestostores.  I`ll take a closer look once I figure out where I`m headed.
    Nikole,  As always, you give me a lot to think about and some good examples to go with it. 
    Do you know if these are affiliate/associate sites?  I see that I wasn`t clear in my previous post about the desire to sell as an affiliate with the look of it being my own store.  Maybe you understood what I meant and answered accordingly.
    dogwise has their own publishing company so they probably sell their own books, not selling as an affiliate, although some of the books are from other publishers.
    greatpets appears to sell books from a variety of authors/publishers.  Are they selling as an affiliate?  It appears that they have their own shopping cart, i.e., the buyer isn`t taken directly to a bigger store like Amazon or Barnes and Noble.
    I would like it to appear that the products are from me, not a bigger store, even though I am selling as an affiliate.  Is that possible?  Or are customers just as responsive to buying at Amazon (for example), for example, as they are from the smaller store site?