WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

SOLVING PROBLEMS = MONEY MAKING ABILITIES

CSPURGEONCSPURGEON subscriber Posts: 10
edited February 2007 in Selecting a Business
Robert Kiyosaki states in his book: The way to become rich is to solve problems. How do you believe these problems can be found. Is it something that you come across in your daily life? Or is it something that you research and interview people in different careers, backgrounds, or geographical areas to see what their problems are?
I find it very interesting when you think of business or any aspect of your life this way. ALL businesses do this. They are merely solving a problem for us as consumers, some even solve a multiple of problems.
HOW DO YOU FIND PROBLEMS?

Comments

• ShhhhShhhh subscriber Posts: 2
    Well, I myself am still fairly new to these here forums, but I would have to think just go about your daily life and listen to people talk. on a bus or train listen to other peoples converstations.
    What are they complaining about? If you were in there shoes how would you deal with this?
    "UGH. my boyfriend is such an #$%#$! He thinks of no one but himself." maybe you write a book "how to be a more sensitive and careing man", maybe you offer sensitivity training for guys with their significant others, just keep thinking what would I do, how would I deal with it.
    Eventually some idea will sound so great to you; you just HAVE to follow through... then you begin on the road of entrepreneuership.
    Best of luck,
    Shhhh
  • CollegeCoachCollegeCoach subscriber Posts: 8
    Your question was very interesting to me because I am starting a business in an arena where most people do not believe they have a problem--applying to college and going through the college admission process.
    However, having worked on the other end of the spectrum as an admission counselor I regularly denied students because they "had a problem" with their application, but unfortunately didn`t know it. And applicants often "had a problem" with not knowing the correct ways of doing things which ultimately cost them money, admission, etc.
    So for me, my battle is trying to help families understand that something they perceive as simple, really isn`t. And that professional assistance really can in the end help a student reach their goals, save money, save time,  and ultimately make money (in their future career).
    The problem was always clear to me in my previous position and perspective, since the process is something that is somewhat secret to the masses.
  • CSPURGEONCSPURGEON subscriber Posts: 10
    So when trying to "convince" someone that what you are doing is solving there problem are you blunt and just tell them why they need you. Or do you slowly bring your idea to the surface? Is this where marketing or just common sense is needed? And does it depend on your product or service?
  • CSPURGEONCSPURGEON subscriber Posts: 10
    So what you are saying is that as soon as you show a need and the products are used or understanded enough. That the demand itself will market it. Kinda like Cable TV. Many who grew up without it would have said 30 yrs ago you would be crazy to pay for TV. Now look at our society we pay for radio. I know I do! But in retrospect you dont really need these luxuries but when you have them you dont want to give them up. Now I am talking without competition, with this added in it gives one choices on where they want to buy it. But the product is still the same.
    So how do you get your product or service to this point?