WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Need help

EricksonTradeshowEricksonTradeshow subscriber Posts: 3
edited November 2008 in Marketing
Hello-

I have a business that I have been running for a few years now, but I am finding myself in a rut. I am looking to expand and increase yet I am unsure of how to market it. My business is a niche market and has appeal, everyone I tell about it says "wow that sounds like a great business" yet, I am having a hard time finding potential clients.

Any and all advice would be appreciated...  Thank you. Christina Erickson
for more information about my business check out our site at www.ericksontradeshow.com

Comments

• EricksonTradeshowEricksonTradeshow subscriber Posts: 3
    Hello Craig-

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I appreciate the straight forward opinions.
    You have pointed out things that I haven`t even thought of.

Looks like I have some work to do

Thanks again,

Christina Erickson
  • cdbartworkcdbartwork subscriber Posts: 11
    Craig:

Thanks for mentioning the information about an ad on the Start Up Nation Marketplace. I did this when I first joined and since things have changed for me, so it reminded me to go in and revise the listing.

Colleen
  • RetiredMember5RetiredMember5 subscriber Posts: 0
    Christina,

First, congratulations on being a business owner and entrepreneur!  Sounds like you have been in operation for a couple of years and are experiencing what most of us have already been through in our growth potential.  I would highly recommend that you think outside the box in your niche market and utilize the internet for marketing potential, if you have not done so already.  For example, social marketing of forums, blogs and networking/marketplaces may be a great resource of advertising but most brick and mortar establishments are not aware of.  (Have you posted on YouTube, FaceBook and/or Twitter?  If not, would recommend it).

My business partner and I (both attorneys and entrepreneurs) have released a FREE 60-page interactive guide as to how to start, operate and grow your business in today`s web 2.0 world which provides you with tons of helpful suggestions.  This guide has been recommended by more than a dozen government agencies given its content.  Check it out and let me know your thoughts. 
  • EricksonTradeshowEricksonTradeshow subscriber Posts: 3
    Thank you all of you for your advice. I am very excited about all that I have learned from this site. Each post has given me a great deal of information. I am excited to try out all the new ideas.

Thanks again!!!

Christina Erickson