WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How should I build my site?

ilovelasunilovelasun subscriber Posts: 1
edited December 2012 in Building A Website That Works
I love being in control, but I don't want to get in over my head when there is an easier and more efficient route. I would like to open up an online store selling things that I have created. I don't need anything flashy, just the regular bells and whistles to start. Is it better to pay a site to handle all the stuff like web site set up, payment gateways/merchant accounts...or is it better to do something like a wordpress ecommerce site with a third party processor and/or merchant account. I am not selling high end items. I just want to get my product out there and hopefully make some sales in the online world. I would also like my site to be cost efficient without having to sacrifice the basic. Which path is easier and what are the pros and cons in your opinion?

Comments