WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Joined 4 months ago and launched 2 days ago!

chrishudsonchrishudson subscriber Posts: 3
edited July 2007 in Website Critique
I joined S.u.N. 4 months ago with only an idea of what I wanted to do in business and thanks to some very special people here, I have been able to make my vision become a reality. My new website is http://www.golflessonacademy.com</A> Please if anyone can come and give me your thoughts on the user friendlyness of the site, any thoughts on how to promote it, and just any thoughts in general, it would be helpful.
I want to thank Roland of http://www.vwebworld.com</A>  for all of his hard work and willingness to tell me it could be done, when others told me it could not. I kept waiting for him to tell me that at some point there has to be a limit to what I wanted to do. However, that statement never came and we are now up and running and ready for business. I want to tell others, "This really is one heck of a community and site!!!"  

Comments

• vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    Thanks for the good feedback.
    The videos on Golf Lesson Academy   are embeded from Google video rather than YouTube. Google was choosen because its` presentation.. Embeding a video from YouTube also presents other "related" videos, which we did not want.
    Viral marketing using YouTube and MySpace is in the works  too.
    Oh yes, ProShop.
    ~Roland
     vwebworld2007-7-23 9:50:26
    Just a quick note about presentation. On this link two screen captures for comparison, the top one is this site the bottom one yours, on your site there is a lot of wasted space on both the left and right sides as you can see that doesn`t happen here. Also in order to view the site properly I must download plug-ins, that detracts from your site, I`d suggest you do away with whatever plug-ins are required.
    Sorry, couldn`t view your link
    The plug-ins should only be those required to view the flash video...a Flash Player. This is a common plug-in that most people should already have if they have every viewed a video clip online...as most sites use Flash to play clips.
    ~Roland
  • chrishudsonchrishudson subscriber Posts: 3
    I want to thank all of you that have sent your helpful input, as we are in the process of making some changes based upon your suggestions. The information you have provided is helpful and I just wanted to say, thanks.

Chris
    Well, I`m assuming Google Video and YouTube will be one and the same at some point ... You can still drop some videos on YouTube, even if you don`t embed them.The real point is that I didn`t want to watch the "free downloads" because I had to go through the cart to get them. I really wanted them just right on the site - some samples of your capabilities.
    I started with youtube...so there are one or two there, but we will be adding more. I do wonder what Google is going to do about YouTube vs Google video.
    Just for you  we will be adding FREE videos on the site . Well, actually, everyone can watch the free videos! These are not short clips of the videos but the full length golf videos. These should be up later tonight, along with some other changes to the home page.
    ~Rolandvwebworld2007-7-23 16:1:39
    I would like to thank everyone for all of the great advice. Instead of doing the samples we are going to be giving away videos on the Proper Grip, Proper Ball Position and Proper Posture. This is slightly over a $50.00 value and I think it will increase the interest of the site. Roland is making several other changes and should have some of the stuff we are changing up later tonight.
    Once again, thanks to everyone and a special thanks to Roland for all of your hard work.

Chris
    Janie thanks so much. Roland is really good at what he does.
    We have made some changes based upon everyone`s input. We are looking forward to new feedback on the changes we have made. I want to thank everyone once again for taking the time to view my site . It really means alot to me that there are so many helpful members. It has been and continues to be a wonderful experience to be a part of SuN.
    Thanks,
    Chris

Chris