WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Does Your Business Slow Down During Summer Months?

DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
edited August 2007 in Home-Based Businesses
Does your business slow down during summer months...or is it pretty consistent throughout the year? And if the summer months are slow for you, how do you offset the reduced income?
Dale King

Comments

• ethnicommethnicomm subscriber Posts: 1
    Normally business is slow during the summer months but this year was different. I attribute it to having more contacts, sales pitches and referrals. I spent a lot of time pre-summer trying to fill the sales funnel so to speak. Things were slow and then in mid-July I was swamped with opportunities.
  • chrisspeakschrisspeaks subscriber Posts: 0
    My summers tend to be slower, at least June and July. They slow down in my role as a speaker--most companies do fewer seminars during the summer months due to employee vacations. As a coach, my clients tend to have more scheduling difficulties due to summer vacations as well, so fewer calls to them means less to do in the summer.
    I often use my own vacation time in the summer. Even giving myself a three-day weekend here and there is great. I also, as Maria said, try to use the time to rethink my strategy and get ready for the busier fall.
    --Chris