WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Partnering for Profits

DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
edited January 2009 in Marketing
The nice thing about having a blog is the visibility you can achieve for yourself and your business.
If your blog is good and interesting, people are going to subscribe to it and tell others about it.
That`s exactly what happened to me recently.
Someone found out about my  Free Marketing Tips Blog from an e-mail she received from a friend.
She checked out my blog, liked what she saw and offered me a business proposition that was so good I jumped on it with both feet.
Fortunately, my instincts were right and I`m happy to say we both made a nice tidy sum of money with very little effort.
That`s the power of partnering, also known as joint-venturing.
Partnering can work as long as you trust and respect the other person involved, and both parties have something the other side wants.
But approach partnering with caution. All partnerships are not created equal.
I actually turn down most partnership requests, because quite frankly they`re ridiculous and just not worth my time!
David jackson

Comments

• Options
    scottdkcpscottdkcp subscriber Posts: 0
    David, thanks for the article.  I myself am looking for some local joint-ventures, so it`s good to know that they can work. 

When seeking out joint-ventures, do you think a passive campaign (such as a blog), is better than an agressive campaign (such as knocking on business doors)? 

Also, I suppose joint-ventures can be as simple as exchanging flyers or coupons for distribution, or fully-contracted services and wholesale arrangements.  I think I`ll need to work on a joint-venture strategy!!!  
  • Options

David, thanks for the article. When seeking out joint-ventures, do you think a passive campaign (such as a blog), is better than an agressive campaign (such as knocking on business doors)?    Scott, you`re quite welcome. I`m glad you enjoyed it.  To answer your question, there is nothing at all passive about my blog or my approach. I`m an extremely active and aggressive article marketer, which leads people directly to my blog.  That being said, we all have to work within our own personality and comfort level. So whether you`re passive or aggressive is a personal choice. But since you asked my opinion I say... Be aggressive! David Jackson DavidJackson1/19/2009 8:12 AM
  • Options
    I love your idea.

Thank you!

David Jackson