WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

What should I consider the best!

DiannesDiannes subscriber Posts: 1
edited December 2008 in Business Planning

Hi everyone, I have been planning to set up an online shop and for that I would need some real good advices. I am looking to integrate an online payment system on my site rather than a third party system as paypal or so. Would that be right? I need to know more on this ,.,.,,, please help me out.

Comments

• Options
    NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    Diannes,
    May I suggest you rephrase the sentence where you state" I am looking to integrate on online payment system on my site rather than a third party system as pay pal"
    First of all, If you`re going to integrate a payment gateway system, no matter who you use whether its Authorize.net, or Linkpoint they are considered 3rd party processors just like pay pal.
    I think what you meant to say is "that you want to integrate a payment gateway but you don`t want to use pay pal" . Again more advise, it wouldn`t hurt to add a pay pal option. I personally love pay pal. I like to pay with pay pal rather than using a regular credit card. Why? well because all I have to do is click on the pay pal logo, enter email and password and I am done.
    Remember, its always a good idea to give your customers a second option. 
  • Options
    charlesbrightcharlesbright subscriber Posts: 0

The use of a third
    party system for payment would be an ideal thing to do, but if you can really
    manage your payments online, on your site, it’s not an issue. I would only
    recommend a precaution of purchasing an SSL certificate for your site that will
    enable secure web communication for the payment transfer and also enable a
    professional look for the site. I would recommend SSL
    Star
    for the certificates as they have a wide range and you can get good
    price deals on trusted providers like Thawte, Verisign and GeoTrust to name a
    few.