WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Start-Up funding needed - don`t know where to go!

nixiefeenixiefee subscriber Posts: 2
edited October 2007 in Startup Funding
Hello everyone,

I am a 30 year old mom of 2, husband disabled, who is tired of living paycheck to paycheck.  My husband and I are wanting to open a Coffee house in our area of East Tennessee.  We have researched the market in our area, and ,with the rate of competition, and having previous deli experience, a new coffee house would be highly profitable.  We have narrowed down our target audience (adult college students, Yound couples, parents, etc), have a pre-exisiting customer base, and have even found a completely furnished shop in a well-foot traveled area.  Our problem is we both have bad credit (from previous helath related issues and a long stint of unemployment), and so cannot obtain a loan from SBA or the bank.  We are currently working on our credit score, and repairing it ,however, we would like to start this venture within the next 3-6 months.  We are needing, $70000.00 at most.  We look to be able to break even within 3 months of opening, and start making a profit within 6 months of opening.  I have extensive deli, office, and customer service experience, and my husband has extensive restaurant and customer service experience.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Chelsea

Comments