WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

first Flash-media Hardware portable player

ToupeeToupee subscriber Posts: 1
edited May 2007 in Startup Funding
I am seeking team partners/funding for the fabrication and patenting of the first flash-media hardware player.It would be just like an mp3 player, but it would store and play files in .flv, .swf, and other flash formats.MUSIC FILES IN .FLV FORMAT ARE OVER 3 TIMES SMALLER THAN MP3, AND NO DISTINGUISHABLE QUALITY!You could put over three times the media on a player the same size and price!I can`t find any portable players that seem to support this format.The prototype wouldn`t have to be "nano-ized" like the finished product would be. Just something to get a patent on.I would like to call it a "slip player" - or "The SlipMan" (.flv version of Walkman).My partner and I don`t have much to bring to the table, except the idea itself and a few hundred dollars as a show of good faith.Thankyou.
Toupee2007-5-8 18:53:46

Comments

• ToddFToddF subscriber Posts: 3
    Personally I would look at building a flash player that works in java, that way once it`s built you can sell it to almost all the cell phne companies as an add on.
  • txbassguytxbassguy subscriber Posts: 0
    i think you have an uphill battle competing with creative, apple, and microsoft. i think the product can be invented and produced, but getting consumers to buy is a totally different animal. i think it would be tough to uproot mp3 as a media player format. the success of the ipod is not in the function of the player - a lot of other mp3 players are better than the ipod. it was apple`s approach to design, to the itunes integration that made it successful.