WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Health Insurance Options for First Employee(s)?

alibunsonalibunson subscriber Posts: 2
My 7-year-old small business is about to graduate from being a home-based business to moving into a small commercial office space and hiring its first employee(s).For the past several years, my company has had a small group plan with BCBS of FL (basically one enrollee with family coverage, including maternity.)As the premiums are $1,000+/month, there is NO way that my business can afford to pay for even half of that level of coverage for its first employee(s).That said, I'd very much like to offer some basic level of coverage: perhaps $200/month toward single only high-deductible HMO or PPO level coverage.What should I be thinking about to be able to (a) keep my own family's coverage unchanged and (b) accomplish my goal to offer/subsidize a more modest level of health insurance for full-time employees?

Comments