WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

New Design Firm Offering Free Website and Collateral Design

bwdsbwds subscriber Posts: 4
We are a group of designers, programmers and marketing executives that have done alot of white label design work for agencies and have just opened our own firm.  The only problem is we need to build our own portfolio.  So in order to do it we are going to do redesigns or full designs of small business sites or collateral pieces for free to build our portfolio.  If you are interested please email us or give us a call.Bill  CEO/Lead Designerwww.bluewavedesignstudio.com</a>
bwds2006-11-8 9:17:52

Comments

• sagemediasagemedia subscriber Posts: 5
    Hi Bill,Well this will definitely get you some work... though it might make more sense to populate your portfolio (for now) with internal mockup projects. This is just as effective at demonstrating your style and skills (perhaps moreso as you are not restrained by clients` parameters), and takes significantly less time and effort than offering enough pro-bono jobs to fill your portfolio.And while you may make some connections with this approach, those connections will be with the sort of people who expect to get something for nothing (or next to it).  Food for thought.In general, design clients don`t care who you`ve worked for.  What they do care about is what you can show them, and what you can do.All the best,Chanie
  • yourNAMEinDotComyourNAMEinDotCom subscriber Posts: 17
    Bill,If you want to build your portfolio, who am I to get in your way.I`ll e-mail you.
  • Bizwordofmouth.comBizwordofmouth.com subscriber Posts: 1
    You both must be related to some spritual connection I`ve been praying to. I just registered my domain name about an hour ago. Do I have the project for you. Are you familiar with music/video sites? I`m actually investing in 2 different sites. Please contact me asap my new bestest friends. Yvette
    925-459-8370
    925-726-6855
    Thank you in advance
  • GeorgeGeorge subscriber Posts: 4
    Hi Bill,
    First off, Welcome to the SUN community. I am a very small business that sells toys at the moment through Amazon and Ebay. Although, I would like my own site and have very little knowledge of how to do it on my own. I also already own my domain name. I could hire a designer but I don`t have a big budget. Let me know if you would like to take this opportunity. All I need is a small e-commerce site that allows me to list my items and have a shopping cart for my customers. I could possible maintain it, but I`m not sure if that is possible.
    Let me know thatnks,
    George Sanchez
    Boomerang Max
  • conciergeladyconciergelady subscriber Posts: 4
    Hi BillI have a Concierge/VA business but  I dont have a website. I certainly would appreciate this opportunity  to have you building one for me. I just registered my domain name at I-power.com.  Please let me know when you wish to start. Thank You! Jo in NJ
  • espeedespeed subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Bill,
       I think this is a great way to encapsulate the SuN community spirit and excellent PR and Marketing technique. 
    Thanks,
    Tom
    p.s You got mail!
  • yourNAMEinDotComyourNAMEinDotCom subscriber Posts: 17
    I think Bill was overwhelmed with so many offers that he disappeared.
  • bwdsbwds subscriber Posts: 4
    If you have posted on here to have us give you a call to talk more about Blue Wave Design Studio working on a site for you for this promotion please email us also as we have received alot of response and it is the easiest way to keep track of them all. Thank you for all the input and opportunities the community has brought our way but as of 6pm EST today we are turning the offer off for a bit until we take care of the projects we have agreed to so far.Once again thank you from the BWDS Team.BillCEO
    I am very excited for you both. The more responses you get the more word of mouth business you recieve. Although I am sad we can`t work together due to your popularity, maybe we could work something out barter/sliding fee scale/2nd born child named after you. I just need some help. Maybe a conversation wil do. Please just call me, when you have a moment.
    P.S. Do you think I `m a stalker?
    Thanks
    Yvette
    925-726-6855 cell
    925-459-8370 home
    510-887-8500 work Graveyards Tues-Sunday 11:45 - 7:452sexyhuh2006-11-12 11:3:53
    I am amazed at the number of people in business whom glass lives at the half empty mark. How about you, scratch my back now and if you scratch my back I`ll tell everyone about my wonderful cure for my back itch. And they`ll tell someone and so on and so on... Anytime you do something for someone you are to never look back unless you are in contract with that person. Otherwise a smile and happy glo is sufficent. And before you say it` Yes you can become rich from making people smile. When I read the posting I was so dam excited. Not because they`re offering their work probono but simply stated "you can attract more bees with honey than you can with vinegar" baby. Need I mention Craigslist or better yet Utube.  I see you smiling now.2sexyhuh2006-11-12 11:5:5
    Gee, I wonder what happened, I emailed Bill like he said....and then nothing happened...nothing ....at all........ 
  • JWDesignCenterJWDesignCenter subscriber Posts: 1
    I think it may be a case of being careful what you wish for.  I`m sure he`s been buried in requests.  This type of work does take some time. 
    I`m sure it does too...but it does leave one hanging...one way or the other its still nice to know ....is it a "yea" or a "nay"
  • alexzalexz subscriber Posts: 0
    your offer for free are still live? tell me and I will contact to you. I need one
    brochure for a Mexican Company, this can open international opps for you
  • onlineeateronlineeater subscriber Posts: 16
    Bill if your offer still stands I just sent you an eMail.Thanks,John