WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Anyone e-commerce businesses using QuickBooks Merchant Services

IdrisIdris subscriber Posts: 2
Hi all.  I am in the middle stages of starting a laundry pickup/delivery service in my town.   I plan to accept payment only online through credit cards or PayPal.I am wondering how I will sync my accounting software and my merchant bank account.Has anyone tried QuickBooks Merchant Services?I want to be able to:1) avoid having to do any manual data entry.  When a customer makes an order for laundry pickup, I want to charge him as soon as I weigh his order, and I would like my accounting software to immediately show that charge.2) send a confirmation email immediately to the customer that their order was received.Is this possible with other combinations of accounting software and merchant bank accounts other than all QuickBooks products?Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.

Comments

• Options
    caliecartercaliecarter subscriber Posts: 0

You Do NOT need to use Quickbooks Merchant Services to process Credit Cards. Yahoo has strategic alliances with many banks and can do all of the card processing for you for a fee. The assumption is that you would strictly be an online business and never need to do a cardswipe in person.
    From what I understand, Yahoo orders arrive as an e-mail which you would need to retype into Quickbooks in order to generate the sale and invoice.