WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Best online billing services

PRProPRPro subscriber Posts: 25
Hi,
Does anyone on the forum have suggestions for good, online billing services/credit card acceptance companies that cater to small business needs?
Thanks! 

Comments

• tomasztomasz subscriber Posts: 14
    Hello,Can you please provide more detail in terms of what you need or are looking for in that type of service so that I can make few suggestions?
  • PRProPRPro subscriber Posts: 25
    Hi,
    Thanks for your response. I`m interested in a simple but secure payment service where customers can purchase marketing and public relations services via the Web using their credit card rather than sending in a cashier`s check via snail mail. This will speed payments. And both parties would receive confirmation that the payment has been made. I`d appreciate any suggestions.
    Thanks for your help,
    Melanie 
  • bfleming98bfleming98 subscriber Posts: 0
    Melanie,
    You can use PayPal.  It`s free.  Yes, they actually will process credit cards now. Only problem is they charge a little more on the transactions. It will add up once your business gets big.
    Another one is http://www.2checkout.com</A> <-- Kind of the same story.
    These services are great if you`re starting out.

Thanks for the info. Bryan! I really appreciate it.
    Have a great day!
    Melanie

• tomasztomasz subscriber Posts: 14
    In that case, I would suggest http://paypal.comTheir services are widely used on the web as a method of payment for services rendered.The service that you should look at is the Merchant Solutions.All their services and options are explained and broken down for easy understanding. If you need more help or more suggestions feel free to ask.
    Thanks very much for your suggestions!
    Melanie
  • FreshMikeFreshMike subscriber Posts: 0
    Indeed PayPal is a good solution.There are some other considerations to take into account however.  For example, how many transactions will you do in a month, and what is the average transaction size...you will also want to consider WHERE your clients are paying you from.I recommend looking into eChecks if your transaction sizes are more than a few hundred dollars AND all your clients are US based.  eCheck services are offered by a growing list of providers including PayPal and Authorize.net.If you want to accept credit cards, AND your transaction sizes are high (i.e. more than $1500/month) I recommend getting an internet merchant account from your bank and using a Payment Gateway like Authorize.net or Versign.  Basically your internet merchant account will be cheaper than a payPal account...and more professional too because people will not need to leave your site to go to PayPal`s site to conduct their transaction.
    Thanks very much for your valuable suggestions. I will definitely look at all of the options mentioned prior to moving forward.
    Have a great day!
    Melanie
  • NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    PRPro,Although, paypal is free not alot of people feel comfortable using it. One of the things I hate about it is the transfering of funds from pay pal to your bank account. For a $100.00 dollars it takes up to 5 days to complete the transaction. If you use 2Checkout.com You can only widthdraw funds every 15 days unless you sell more than 1000.00 per month. Other that you are stuck.If you go with a regular paypment processor like Linkpoint or Authorize.net, they are all 24 hour funds transfers. so for 89.00 to purchase an SSL (secure socket layer) certificate for safe transactions and a real payment gateway you can have all the security and peace of mind your company deserves... If you need someone to help you integrate the payment gateway into your current web site, let`s talk. I have integrated Linkpoint and Authorize.net payment gateways before. So I know what is needed. I can also show you how not to pay the set up fee`s and get your account set up for free.
    Hi Edgar,
    Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it! I`ll look into other services too and let you know if I need any help.
    Melanie