WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Health Insurance Questions....

toycardirecttoycardirect subscriber Posts: 4
edited August 2012 in Business Planning
I have several questions and the reason I cant get past my initial goal of starting up right is simple Health Insurance. This is a must for me.
I am currently 18 and have disabilities which are ADHD, OCD and some others. I can NOT go without being unmedicated so I have pre existing conditions on new health insurance plans. At the moment I am only able to work part time. I am trying to start a business however need to pay taxes if I dont want to get in deep trouble with the IRS. I am currently a dependent on my mothers insuance so I have medications. So if I pay taxes I am no longer a dependent on her health insurance. This means I wont have health insurance. I am not a student either. I want to start my business while I am at home so I have a ledge to fall onto if needed.
Sum it up....
I have to have health insurance
I want to set up a legal business and follow IRS regulations
I can only work part time.
I am not a student
The only way I know how to do this is to pay for Health Insurance. Ok, I have no problem with this, I could pay for it from my part time job. Now when I look at Good Health insurance plans that pre existing conditions are covered on the first day it is like $2k a month. I wont even make $1k a month from my part time job.
I hope I explained this right as I am new to this and dont understand it 100%.
Please help if you can! Thank You

Comments