WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Educating and Marketing

trailfiretrailfire subscriber Posts: 1
edited August 2006 in Marketing
Hey all,So we just launched our web 2.0 service/application (trailfire.com), and, through early feedback and focus groups, have discovered that just about everybody finds the web application extremely useful.  That`s the good news.  The bad news is that at first glance they didn`t really get it, nor did they understand our value propositions.  It took them about a few minutes of playing on our website, watching a minute long flash demo, and actually engaging with the product before the lightbulb clicked.So, in the world of online advertising and marketing (we`re especially interested in bloggers) how do you educate while marketing?  We can`t just get eyeballs...we need engaged eyeballs.  I suppose this is a million dollar question...but I`m just curious what people have tried out, especially people with free website applications and user created content site (which is web 2.0 in a nutshell)Thanks!!Brent

Comments

• j1acostaj1acosta subscriber Posts: 0
    Hey Trail:
    Degrees has a point... I got it right away also... and the concept takes the web and creates a very viable product/research tool... I woul also suggest you capture some relationship and fusion marketing on your page thereby also gaining some industrial/professional credibility and income/viewers/members.  University/school affiliations/ads will provide entre to faculty/student usage and it only takes one well-regarded educator to make your e-biz launch....
    Just my humble opine...
  • trailfiretrailfire subscriber Posts: 1
    You guys are awesome!  Thanks!