WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Business critique

SERGIOSERGIO subscriber Posts: 16
edited January 2009 in Marketing

Ok so I have been working hard to get my business up and running, I’m talking 48 hour days. I’ve had my share of problems and setbacks, but I got through them. Lately it’s been really hard getting clients and I’m afraid I’ve stretched my budget to its limits. I know lots of businesses die because of lack of funding, but I’m determined not to let that happen to me. My main marketing tool is my website; my website is also where prospects buy my service. So I need some feedback on my website and overall sales message. Some questions I would like answered by business people other than friends and family

Does my website look professional & and trustworthy?

Are my prices fair?

Do my sales promotions get your attention?

Is my Website easy to navigate?

I would also like to hear Any low cost marketing ideas you might have

My service and website are for Kansas business owners. I’m not trying to sell you anything or spam this forum just looking for honest opinions from fellow entrepreneurs

Sergio

http://businessassociatesonline.com/

Sorry everyone i thought the link was on my signature

SERGIO1/13/2009 7:46 PM

Comments

• JmesJmes subscriber Posts: 4
    Craig raises an excellent idea
    You need to capture your visitors` eyes, hook `em on the first second
    Your website looks very well made and professional.. but it indeed lacks some passion about it.. something thrilling.. or even, something unique
    Take, for instance, the lower link in your home page "What`s Your Next Move" it`s more eye-catching than the rest of the page... I`m just trying to get my point across.. You need something that people will see (a picture. or 1 sentence) that when visitors see it, they`ll become instantly interested
    Jmes
  • SERGIOSERGIO subscriber Posts: 16
    Thats a good idea Craig! make the front page look like the cover  i wish i had the funds to implement that idea unfortunately i don`t but i will write that down and hold on to it

Jmes i have also taken that into account, my website needs to interest and  make a lasting impression but thats easier said than done, but ill get it.

Another great idea i never thought of posting pdfs of past issues. Yeah i thought of advertising for clients online. Except i don`t charge i use that as an extra incentive especially because a lot of the businesses in my local area don`t have a website.

Thank you guys for the excellent ideas and suggestions
  • sunshinegirlsunshinegirl subscriber Posts: 3
    As a business owner who might be interested in this kind of thing, I have to throw out that you need some proofreading. If I see a business to business website with typos on it, I immediately think that it is not professional. That`s not to say that it isn`t. But you know what they say? "Image is everything." So things like this....

"Store front magazine".... isn`t the name of your site supposed to be capitalized?  

The magazine is distributed to the local resident’s every week free of charge via direct mail.
    In This economy...  should be "residents".... "This" should not be capitalized

They are all minor changes, but they really add up across the whole site.