WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

idea for computer game

leezleez subscriber Posts: 1
edited January 2009 in Developing Your Invention
I have an idea for a new computer game, think WarCraft. It is a new idea that matches with the times and I will be marketing it to kids 6-13. How do I go about bringing it to life, where do you find people that design games from others ideas?

Comments

• Options
    JmesJmes subscriber Posts: 4
    Hello Ieez,
    Warcraft has several games under its title, including standalone games, expansions, board and card games, and also an MMORPG (Massive Multy Online Role Playing Game).
    So which one are you referring to?
    Keep in mind that an MMO takes years to develop, even for a full staff, and it still has a lot of fall backs.
    An RTS (Real Time Strategy) game such as Warcraft 1-3 also takes quite some time to develop, and it sure does make less money.
    Also, for your consideration, there is a growing in software privacy, and no real effective way to stop it
    I suggest you do your research thoroughly before starting such a project
    Jmes
  • Options
    leezleez subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks for your input, I guess it is a lot more difficult than I realized.  Could I just market or sell my concept, do places like Blizzard work with people that have new ideas for games?  How do I protect my ideas while letting them know what I am thinking?