WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Answering Service Recommendations

MarcomAndPOPMarcomAndPOP subscriber Posts: 1
Hey there,We are an e-business without a receptionist, and I think it`s time we hire an answering service (not voice mail). I was wondering if any one out there has a recommendation for a service they`ve had an ongoing good experience with? Prefer a company that can deliver messages via email. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!Best regards,-- Rene AgredanoMarcomAndPOP.com by  Agreda CommunicationsNet: www.MarcomAndPOP.comTel: (866) 462-3077 (toll free)Tel: (707) 269-0400Fax: (707) 269-0140MarcomAndPOP.com is your one-stop shop for total marketing communications and point-of-purchase graphic solutions! 

Comments

• MarcomAndPOPMarcomAndPOP subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi Brian,Thanks so much for replying. I think it was your previous post on a similar question about voice mail that got me to post mine here. Our clients are nationwide, and we`re missing a lot of East Coasters in the morning (we`re in CA). I have considered using a local service, but the thing is, I`m not sure the one that`s available in our very small town is professional enough. I`ve had experiences when calling my doctor, and they`re OK for a physician (I think that docs are the majority of their clients) but I`m not sure they`re professional enough for our needs.
    Thanks, I`ll look into it. Interesting to have chat as an option. Thanks a bunch.
  • stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    bthomd, thanks for that link. i am in the market for a call center and they have lots to compare!
  • VirtualAssistantVirtualAssistant subscriber Posts: 0
    I recommend www.CallRuby.com to my clients when they are in the need of a call answering service.  They`re prompt, professional and relatively in expensive as well.  They cover the hours of 7am to 5pm PST time, they are based in Oregon.  They are very adaptable in their service and will adjust their call answering to accomodate you.
  • processorprocessor subscriber Posts: 0
    YES I STARTED USING AMM REAALY PROFESSIONAL COMPANY, IF I REMEMBER I WILL GETMYOU THE PHONE NUMBER TUESDAY.
    Thanks for the recomendations. We signed on with www.MyAnswering.com, based in Utah. So far so good, with a little fine tuning of course. I liked them because Their prices were reasonable ($50/mo plus $29/mo for their voicemail)They have decent technology that allows us to check our call list onlineMost importantly, they don`t lock customers into a contract like all the other ones I researched. They charge first & last fees as a deposit, then month to month. That was important.They do charge by the minute, which can be expensive, but no more than an additional cell phone. Other services were charging by the "occurrence," plus a base rate. At first that seemed like the more cost-effective way to go, but after I did preliminary calcs, both types of billing methods seemed to come out about the same.We are one week into it and the service has already been a great help. I wish we had made room in the budget for it years ago!I wanted to add that after we set it up, a long-term client called and got the service. He was a little taken aback, not knowing who was picking up the phones. When I asked him about it, he suggested that our call center identify itself as "...the Answering Service of MarcomAndPOP..." immediately to warn callers that they`re not talking to true, knowledgeable staff. We changed our message with the service to say "Hi, you`ve reached the answering service of...." and so far, so good.
    MarcomAndPOP2007-1-15 13:9:36
  • powerfulimpactpowerfulimpact subscriber Posts: 0
    Hands down, best we found was a placed called Intelligent Office. We went down and checked out their operation. Very well organized and extremely professional service. We looked at the one in Garden City, NY but they have offices around the country. We have a contact if you want to talk to someone specific. Good luck.
    http://www.intelligentoffice.com</A>

Thanks so much. If the MyAnswering.com people don`t work out, it`s so nice to have these other resources. You guys are great!
  • MrbusinessMrbusiness subscriber Posts: 8
    Thanks for the Great information.
  • mattbizmattbiz subscriber Posts: 0
    If you`re on a budget or trying to save money you can use an internet voice mail service. I use 101voicemail and it costs a fraction of what a standard answering service would be. They give a free toll free number with unlimited usage.
  • AnswersmanAnswersman subscriber Posts: 0
    I can highly recommend 1-800 We Answer Answering Service.  They`re nationwide, and can do all of the things that you need an answering to do, including making appointments and they are available 24/7, 365 days.
     1-800 We Answer Answering Service provides telephone answering service, call center, voice mail, telemarketing, order taking, virtual office, and mail receiving services, phone installations and sales to businesses and individuals.
    Tel: 1-800 We answer
           1-800-932-6793
    Local Tel: 212-868-1121