WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Creating a Simple Viral Email Campaign

googleguygoogleguy subscriber Posts: 47 Bronze Level Member
 We`ve all received them, the great joke in our email inbox sent from one of our friends or colleagues. How many times have you opened the mail, laughed your head off and forwarded it to a group of your friends. That is a viral E-mail campaign!

The simple definition of a "viral" campaign is to have someone pass an online message from one person to another. Kind of like the flu, except online, I guess we can call it "CYBERFLU"......you heard it here first.

The greatest thing about creating a simple viral E-mail campaign is that it can be very little work. Find a great joke, put it in an E-mail, add a blurb about your website and what you offer and a link to your site. If the joke is good enough, it will get passed around to places you would never imagine.

Of course, the better the message or "hook" in the E-mail, the better the chances of it going viral. Big companies spend lots of $$$ to create these campaigns. Here is a great one.......  http://www.news3online.com/index.php?co ... 98BEO5C3i7 I wont tell you what it is, but trust me its fun! ( Don`t worry its not spam, has nothing to with my company, but the name you will see is mine).Turn your sound on for this one.

Try it out, start with a list of friends and send them an email with a catchy slogan and a great joke or video or image. Be sure to include a great offer for your services on the E-mail somewhere, and a link to your site. If you really want to create an awesome campaign, like the one above, consider hiring a pro.

Have fun and......GO GET IT!!!!!!

www.searchmarketingsystems.net

googleguy8/15/2008 11:31 PM

Comments

• Options
    bookrdrbookrdr subscriber Posts: 0
    Great article.  That link to the video was great.  I have been looking to do an email blast for my company, but coming up with the email is the difficult part.  Can you do it for me for free?  J/K
    Excellent look at viral email campaigns!
  • Options
    googleguygoogleguy subscriber Posts: 47 Bronze Level Member
    Thanks bookrdr,

that campaign is amazing, wish i came up with it.

www.searchmarketingsystems.net
  • Options
    ankit007ankit007 subscriber Posts: 238 Silver Level Member
    In the event that you are endeavoring to manufacture a viral advertising effort, here's the manner by which you can give your crusade the absolute best.

1.) Make It Visual

The things that turn into a web sensation are the things that are outwardly engaging, in all occasions. Adding video or pictures to your battle is one of the primary things you have to do to fabricate a viral showcasing effort.

2.) Plan the Message

While some popular battles are inadvertent, most are precisely arranged. You can't arrange enough to guarantee that your material will turn into a web sensation, however you do need to want to guarantee that your message is clear. Make a cautious script for your video or a watchful arrangement for your infographic so that your definitive message is unmistakably gotten by your crowd.

3.) Work the Emotions

Viral battles are the ones that pull on individuals' feelings. Frequently they are entertaining, yet they can likewise be nostalgic. As you plan the crusade, ensure there is an enthusiastic catch.
  • Options
    saravanansaravanan subscriber Posts: 389 Silver Level Member
    Social can be a powerful traffic driver to your site or product, if used correctly. Not every social network is a right fit for every business. It's important to evaluate where your target audience spends their time and what social channel is most appropriate for your product offering or service. For example, if you are a fashion boutique Pinterest is a sure bet and if you an local news channel, Twitter can be an effective vehicle to deliver timely information to the masses.