WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

unrequested business proposal

caliascalias subscriber Posts: 4
edited December 2007 in Business Planning
Hi all,
I need to write a business proposal and I just don`t know how. I`ve searched the internet in the last few days and got some ideas and advices, but I haven`t found any example. Because I`ve been living here only for three years I don`t have a clear grasp of the business mannerism accustomed here.
Let me explain you what I want to do: I`m a computer programmer and, in my spare time I would like to develop and sell a property management software. The biggest problem I`m having is I vaguely know the business logic behind such an application. So, I would like to propose to a company that holds apartments for renting a sort of barter: they explain me the business requirements and I would give them for free the final product. I really don`t know at this point if I will find somebody willing to help me, but I have to try it.
Having said this, could anybody help me with a small concrete example of how to write an unrequested business proposal?
Thanks a bunch,
Bogdan

Comments

• robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Since your proposition is somewhat "fluid" - I would approach my target audience via a letter that outlines your product concept, delineates the primary benefits they will get and describes the help you need. 
  • caliascalias subscriber Posts: 4
    Sorry for may tardiness, I was in a business trip last week. I want to thank you all for your advices and suggestions.
    robertj, definitely this will be the way to approach it.
    CraigL, I read the resource you suggested and it`s helpful.
    I have though two issues to overcome: firstly, I`m not a native English speaker, so I`m not very comfortable with the business English; secondly, I don`t know the business in detail, so it would be hard for me to find and delineate those things that will make my product better than others. Because I made business applications before, I noticed that a "follow the money" approach is always preferred, most managers wanting to know how to increase theirs profit. So I`m thinking to create not only a property management application, but also one that will help the managers to make business decisions.
    Going back to the business proposal format, I really don`t know how to arrange the paragraphs. Is there any rule, like it is for writing a cover letter, for example?
    thanks again,
    Bogdan
  • infiniqueinfinique subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    I think you probably need more time working for companies as you sound pretty clueless. You need to understand not all are suitable to run their own businesses. Clueless business owners normally gets out of business in less than 1 year because they lack financial knowledge. What I'm seeing is probably a worse scenario.