WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

PLEASE CRITIQUE MY WEBSITE

MYCHICBOUTIQUEMYCHICBOUTIQUE subscriber Posts: 1
can someone please tell me if this looks good or what i should change on my site i just started this and how to advertise to get more traffic because right now i have no traffic thanku www.mychicboutique.net

Comments

• vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    Sorry, I could not get your site to open (with FireFox or with IE7).

I saw the Google cached version... default ZenCart layout.

I`d suggest using a template to make your site more visually appealing and unique.

~Roland
  • Writergal39Writergal39 subscriber Posts: 0
    My first thoughts are that you should get a more powerful header image. Perhaps an image collage of your clothing?
    The best way to get traffic to your site is by advertising in online directories (there are many free ones if money is an issue). Also join social networks like twitter and LinkedIn. For the best results, I find that if you participate in these online social media sites (start or participate in discussions) you`ll come across as  friend and not as someone just pushing their company on you.
  • vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    Your site still takes a while to load. Is your site also hosted by GoDaddy? Some have found that GoDaddy hosting is not great to use with a ZenCart site.

As I mentioned, your site uses the default ZenCart layout. This layout is functional but does not present your product well or get viewers excited about shopping (as Craig says).

I suggest using a premade template - there are guite a few that are design especially for selling apparel like yours.

A few things about your existing site (again, most of these are becuase you`re using the default layout):

Header - the alt image tag should be about your store. It now says "Powered by ZenCart ..."

Categories - If you are only going to have those three categories, I`d suggest making more... so there are a couple of dress categories, and top categories. These categories titles can help with your site`s search results.

Products - Your product titles can also affect search results, so make sure they use appropriate search words. For example - "forever your fushia" should include "woman`s top" or something that says what it is. ProductDescriptions - make sure there is adequate descriptions on all your products.

Layout - Eliminate the "record companies" section of the right column.

You might check out the Zen Cart website for FAQ, tutorials, and forum

~Roland

vwebworld8/7/2009 10:12 AM
  • dsprindledsprindle subscriber Posts: 2
    The basic three column design is OK. Having just been shopping for a cocktail dress and accessories with my wife, it seems your prices are very low. You should emphasize this with something like... Look great for less! I agree with Eric. You need women who represent your target market modeling these cloths on your home page.
    As far as traffic... that`s a long answer. We have found a lot of help from the folks at Site Build It! They do a good job of explaining what it takes to get free traffic. Otherwise you`ll have to invest in SEO or other means to market your web site.