WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Silicone Socks fighting for the homeless in America

siliconesocksrockssiliconesocksrocks subscriber Posts: 1
edited May 2008 in Home-Based Businesses

Sometimes I just want to quit !

All the money I use for on line advertising and supplies to make the socks from some of the orders I get come from my hard working husband, and out of our household budget...The guilt I feel when we are broke at the end of the week.. leaves me asking myself.. sometimes maybe dreams aren`t supposed to come true...maybe that`s really all they are just dreams.

siliconesocksrocks5/14/2008 12:21 PM

Comments

• dsprindledsprindle subscriber Posts: 2
    We know how you feel. We have had many business dreams that turned out to be unprofitable and cost us money. The good news is that one failure can lead to a future victory.
    Our biggest loss was a ski and bike shop... a childhood dream fulfilled in our late thirties. One of the most painful parts was that we sacrificed eight years to bring the business to a profitable level and then our partner took it all away. Not a fun time.
    The next business this failure led us to (our current) is the best business we have ever built beyond our wildest dreams. It is also a ministry to help people and we are changing lives.
    In Proverbs 23:4-5 is a word of wisdom to all entrepreneurs... "Don`t wear yourself out trying to get rich. Be wise enough to know when to quit. In the blink of an eye wealth disappears, for it will sprout wings and fly away like an eagle."
    Sometimes it`s a matter of persistence... not giving up on the dream.
    Sometimes it`s a matter of a different vehicle to fulfill the dream.
    In either case we will pray that you will have the wisdom to know what to do in your own situation.dsprindle5/14/2008 1:49 PM
  • siliconesocksrockssiliconesocksrocks subscriber Posts: 1

I thank you for your encouraging words...I seek not money or wealth God has blessed me richly with a great husband and 2 of the best kids in the world! He has also straightened my spine after 37 years of painful scoliosis. Now it`s straight as a pin! The Lord  is with us.

My heartache I suffer is for those who I know are suffering right now I can`t stop thinking about them...the runaways..the throw aways of our materialized society...it`s thoughts of them that keep me going and hoping.

May the Lord be with you both always and God Bless you for what your doing by helping others!
  • ProdigyProdigy subscriber Posts: 19
    Wow I never seen silicone used in this application before. Probably be great for the beach. If you feel strong about this product dont quit I think theres a niche somewhere for you to not only help people but put some money in your own pocket. I know in some countries and even developed ones like Australia, some people actually walk around barefoot. Its a part of their culture.