WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Need input

CaboBillCaboBill subscriber Posts: 13
edited August 2006 in Selecting a Business
Hey everyone.  I am looking for some input from you, my peers.  I am looking at starting my own clothing line.  I make tropical/Hawaiian shirts and other casual clothing pieces.  I am close to opening a web site, but just as an information page for local people.  From there, and depending on how things go, I would expand the site to selling online.  Is this a good way to start?  I look forward to hearing from you all, good, or bad.
Thanks,
Bill

Comments

• Options
    OnlineSidingJamesOnlineSidingJames subscriber Posts: 2
    Hi Bill,

Based on what you have said, I think that sounds like a great way to start out--especially if you want to keep it (primarily) a local operation.

Where will you offer your clothing for sale until you begin to sell online? Will you have a "brick and mortar" store front?

James
  • Options
    Hey James,
    Actually, I am going to be going to all of the hotels from Clearwater Beach, FL to Seista Key, FL.  I will meet with the people that help to plan weddings and other events.  My fiancee and I are getting married on the beach and it is going to be ultra casual.  We figure that there are others like us and some that may want to give the shirts as a gift to the groomsmen, father of the bride, father of the groom, or a tropical dress for the mom`s and/or brides maids.  I am also a proud member of the local Parrot Heads club.
  • Options
    p.s. Lightning could strike and an offer to set up shop at one of the hotels could happen.
  • Options
    ChristinaChristina subscriber Posts: 6
    I don`t really have much great advice, but I will say that when I used to go on lots of vacations to FL, I enjoyed
    perusing the gift shops within the hotels (especially if I didn`t feel
    like joining the rat race at the tourist-trap souvenir strip malls and
    areas) and often bought things for myself or others back home, there.
    Towels, shirts, etc. They usually didn`t have hawaiian shirts though.
    Just t-shirts. I would have liked it better if they had nice hawaiian
    shirts.
    Christina2006-8-31 7:39:46