WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Phone Sales

BuildingitBuildingit subscriber Posts: 1
edited March 2007 in Sales
Hello Everyone,
I want to hire an internal phone sales person to increase our commercial sales.  I have the following areas that we need to address to move forward.  Thank you for any suggestions about the following. I appreciate it.  Steve

Customer lead lists:  What are the best sources for such lists?
CRM Software:  What is best CRM software for a new user? 
I have heard that you can integrate CRM software with a phone system.  How do we find a person who can help us set up and maintain such a system?
Phone Sales:  What type of person should we hire for this job?  Is a young person with the right skills a good choice?  Can we get training for phone sales?  Is there a particular training program you would recommend? 

Comments

• RumpelstiltskinRumpelstiltskin subscriber Posts: 1
    An "old lady" that smokes three-cartons of cigarettes a week would work. I`m sure she could teach you how to read a sliderule too! Heck! Retired folks still know how to speak to people very well. And I`m sure they would appreciate the work, and companionship, as well.
    Older folks take their jobs seriously (like a heart attack) As far as customer leads? That`s just another form of GOSSIP!  Let her loose man...let her loose...  You never know?  She might even bake cookies for the office.
    PS:  Make sure she has a regular phone book too (security blanket thing).Rumpelstiltskin2007-3-24 22:25:24
  • BuildingitBuildingit subscriber Posts: 1
    Rumpelstiltskin,
    Thanks for your reply.  We have thought about hiring retired folks for other jobs and this might be the one.  I appreciate the input.  Good luck with your business.
    Buildingit
  • MerchantServicesMerchantServices subscriber Posts: 4
    1. Info USA.
    2. Goldmine or ACT
    3.Telemarketers have a high turnover just like waiters at restaurants. You`re going to have to hire a new one every week until you find the cream of the crop.
    If, you would like to outsource your telemarketing call Txacom Services 254.213.5931 and speak with Omar Khan.
  • BuildingitBuildingit subscriber Posts: 1
    That is good information.  Thank you. 
  • rbrucerbruce subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi, Goldmine or ACT is a good CRM, I have connected ACT to phone lines numerous times and its not difficult. Shouldnt be hard to find someone to do that if you cant figure it out.
    I have had the most success hiring retired workers for these position. Just make sure they are relatively stable and not just arriving from a re-hab shelter or similiar. Have had that happen and it NEVER worked out. Younger workers can be good as some of them are trying to build a solid work history and have good references for future work However you can also get a lot of I cant come in today cause my BF/GF broke up with me and/or I partied WAY to hard last night dude and I`m all messed up.
    Trainers??? There are a million of them out there so choose carefully... hope all this helps