WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

please help critique my website + logo

betsybeebetsybee subscriber Posts: 1
edited July 2009 in Website Critique
Hi, i am just starting out, i have designed a logo and website, set up email, and ordered business cards.  I only had one customer so far, and i would love some critique of my website.  Any info would be greatly apreciated, thanks!! the link is www.beeztechsupport.combetsybee7/13/2009 8:38 PM

Comments

• VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    In most cases there are few or no "call to action" phrases, but you way overdid it with one on each line.  (Right side box).  I would make it a bullet list with a call to action at the bottom.  Actually, rather than ask recursive questions, I would tell the user what`s in it for them.  Make it a benefit list for them, not a list about you.
    Also, the underlined text looks like it should be a link.  Use bold or italics instead.  Last your service area should be clear on your homepage.
  • DanDeLaCruzDanDeLaCruz subscriber Posts: 0
    I agree with Steve, you need a call to action. Offer a free estimate, or some sort of deal for your customer to fill out the contact form and get in touch with you. You could also write up a free 10 page guide to keeping your PC running smoothly or something, and then put up an email opt in page to get the free report, this way you get email leads which you can then use to market your services to later.
  • betsybeebetsybee subscriber Posts: 1
    Thank you so much for the feedback...i will be making a lot of changes based on everyones critique and I hope to have the updated site reviewed next week.

Again, thanks for your time and the valuable insight!
  • rahimrahim subscriber Posts: 0
    At the bottom of the first page, when you say "call" put the number next to it. When you say email, put the "info@" email address next to that. Don`t make your customers leave one page to get that information. Have it there for them so they can see it, write it down. email it or call immediately with questions.And speaking of questions, where is your FAQ page? You should have one written out and a PDF file as a download so they can email it or print it out and take it with them. Let people know what to expect when they order your services. On the About Us page, at the bottom you have, "If you have any questions or need any further information, please contact us." Put your phone number and your info@ information here again. Don`t let people have to leave the site or go to another page. All the information should be at their fingertips!On the first page, remove those boxes. That`s old. Then break up the paragraphs. It reads quicker and faster if the paragraphs are smaller. After the words, "Don`t be fooled" that needs to be a new paragraph. "Contact us today . . ." this needs to be a new paragraph as well. Remember, when people pull up your website, they`re in a hurry, they`ll scan, not read what`s on the page just to get the gist of what`s going on. If it`s something they like, they`ll print it out and take it with them and read it in traffic. God knows, New York has plenty of that! LOL!If  you want to keep the website small, write everything down in detail and put it in a PDF file. This way, they`ll have details and again, will read it when they have more time. But the PDF file should contain information not mentioned on the site and give the customer insight as to what to expect when your techies arrive at their place of business or home. Rahim7/14/2009 2:06 PM
  • WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    Your main page gives no information on where you are located geographically; this would be beneficial to viewers right away, and help in online searches.
    Tell your visitors what PC and OS types you work with ( Windowsm, Macs, etc. )
    Make your list more of a "Services you may need that I can provide" instead of a series of questions like "Do you need this?"
    The comment about hiring geeks ... think about this; your potential customers may think of your staff as being geeks as well since you`re doing much the same type of work ... meaning that stereotyping or putting down others may not be beneficial to you .... point out the differences in your services, and why yours are better, instead.
    I think you would do well to include more information on your companies qualifications other than saying you`re highly trained professionals. Anyone can claim to be a professional at something, but explain what makes you qualified. Most people aren`t going to put out money to someone in a specialized service just because they claim to be highly qualified.
    You don`t explain how you will solve your visitors problems, and they may not even know what their PC`s problem is. So create a page showing you can relate to what their problem is, what the problem might be, and how you will fix it. For example:Q: My computer keeps popping up boxes with advertisements, and I can`t get it to stop. What causes this?
    A: Unexpected popups are often signs of spyware or viruses. It`s probable that you don`t have the right type of spyware/virus protection on your PC, or it may be out of date. BeezTech can analyze your computers security programs, advise you on ways to improve them, and install many types of antispyware and antivirus programs you may need to secure your PC and prevent threats to your personal information.
    Maybe you can offer a page or downloadable PDF of common computer problems and "quick fixes" that anyone can do themselves; sure, it isn`t instant cash in your pocket, but by offering small areas of help for free, you may create some loyalty and be remembered more readily when major problems happen to your site visitors.
    In short, offer solutions to your visitors problems, connect with them, and make yourself look professional and helpful upfront.Webline7/14/2009 3:26 PM
  • windowswindows subscriber Posts: 1
    To me anyway the logo and the website looked good and professional visually. But the others who have posted seem to be more knowledgeable about the business side of things than I am and "webline" makes a lot of sense in his comments.
  • benne13benne13 subscriber Posts: 3

Think about your competition and what they are offering. Since you mentioned the big store chain support services (Geek Squad, etc..) your site has to be on par with theirs or else it make’s you look like a little mom and pop shop just starting out fighting against the giants. You want your customers to view you as being established and having the knowledge and experience to fix their computer needs. Of course your prices may be lower, but will the quality be any better than the big chains?  You have to convey that message instantly on your website.

I like the idea of the site, but you may need a different template or another design to shout "professionalism" the moment a visitor arrives. Include pictures..Maybe of your shop if you have one, or whatever, but you need more than a bee graphic. Utilize graphics / pictures which can relate what you do. (you can find many royality free photos online). Make them have a connection to come back to your website, even if for nothing more than to "look"  and be proud of who`s fixing their computer. People love to be associated with those deemed "successful".  

I agree with the others, about you stating some of your qualifications (A+, MCP, Exchange...) you get the idea. People have to be confident that you can actually fix their computer, or else they will just pay the extra money and take it to the "big store geek squad". Also, give them an estimated turnaround time, maybe that can be your biggest selling point against the store chains, that you can diagnose their problem within "30" minutes using your “specialized” diagnostic software. That doesn’t mean the problem is fixed in 30 minutes but that you recognized what the problem is and how much it would cost to fix it. Most customers will gladly pay for your services if your turnabout time is quick.

Good Luck

benne137/15/2009 10:44 AM