WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Review our website

bxcollibxcolli subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2006 in Website Critique
Take a look at our site and let us know what you think.
www.toinvite.com</A>

Comments

• NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    It looks good. Compelling and most of all it looks clean...
  • Dan1013Dan1013 subscriber Posts: 0
    Hey there,The site needs some work. Cartess hit on the #1 issue which is that your visitors are probably having a tough time figuring out what exactly you sell. In E-commerce you simply cannot afford to have your visitors be confused or not know exactly what you do and how you can help them. Remember, they are just seconds and a single click of the mouse away from leaving your site. In fact, I have something I call the "Five Second Web Test." After the page loads you have 5 seconds to accomplish 3 specific things:(1) Identify your company(2) Clearly identify what  you sell(3) Clearly articulate why people should buy from youI know that`s a tall order but let`s face it. Conversion rates online are notoriously low and you have to be clear and provide visitors a compelling reason to buy or engage with your company on some level. I also think the site could use a re-design. There are too many graphical elements on the page and too many unfocused choices. People crave simplicity and order and the site right now is just too busy. For some inspiration, check out this site which I think is effective:http://www.finestationery.comGodspeed,-Danny
  • keyconkeycon subscriber Posts: 34
    bxcolli,
    I guess we`re at a 50-50 standoff. 4 posts and 2 for and 2 against. I thought your site was easy to understand. I got it right off like Edgar did. Discount wedding invitations. Could it be designed better? Maybe. But heck, that could be said of 95% of the sites out there. And I`m sure you will evolve as time goes on. I found it easy to navigate and use.
    If you ever decide to offer hand-calligraphy, contact me - I am a calligrapher and I do wedding invitations- not as a main business, but from time to time when called upon by people I know. Give it away a lot as gifts for friends` weddings. I have one main style I use and most people like it. I can send samples. But as you probably know, hand-calligraphy is not inexpensive - it`s not for everyone.
    How are you marketing the business? Just curious.
    Have a great weekend.
    R@ keycon2006-11-17 22:50:10
  • bxcollibxcolli subscriber Posts: 1
    These are excellent comments from all.  I appreciate everyones input and will take all comments into consideration as I continue to refine and evolve.  Keep the thoughts coming!  Thanks!
  • leadstudiosleadstudios subscriber Posts: 1
    Have a look at your site using other browsers like Firefox or Mac Safari if possible.  I am on Firefox 1.5 and noticed that your header image (when used) on the left side shifts things down. You`ll know what I mean when you view it.