WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Where to get good negotiation training?

bellapriabellapria subscriber Posts: 1
edited April 2008 in Sales
Our company is looking for recommendations on where others have done for negotiation training.  Anyone have any recommendations?

Comments

• PostcardPerfectPostcardPerfect subscriber Posts: 0
    I liked the book "Start With No" by Jim Camp. It`s a nice change of pace from the cliche "win-win" style taught most other places.
  • bertbert subscriber Posts: 12
    There are many good and bad books and audios that can help but nothing is better than being able to work with a seasoned negotiator and learning by doing.  It is a skill that many have or can learn but it is also a skill that many will never have or understand.  I try to read a book or listen to an audio at least once every other month on either negotiation, marketing or sales.   Here are some books I have read that are not bad for basics:
  • RicWillmotRicWillmot subscriber Posts: 14
    Bert lists the best book and the best author: Influence by Cialdini.
    Depending on what type of negotiations and the level of people to be educated, my consultancy firm may be able to help you. If not, I may be able to recommend someone to you.Contact me off-line: ric@executivewisdom.com I am in Dubai at the moment, so my response to e-mails may not be as prompt as usual, but I will reply.Rgds,RicRicWillmot4/24/2008 8:40 AM
  • bellapriabellapria subscriber Posts: 1
    Thank you for all the resources everyone! I am not really looking for a book, I am swaying more towards a class or seminar. Do any of you have any experience with any classes ?
  • DougsterDougster subscriber Posts: 4
    Depending on where you live, you might not have many or any classees in your area.
    You might try going to the local book store & seeing if they offer any Video classes.
    Good luck/Skill!