WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Art and sales jewelry website help!

RCubedJewelryRCubedJewelry subscriber Posts: 3
edited February 2008 in Website Critique
I`m just starting up a new website for a (tiny) business I`ve been running for a few years, and I`d love critiques. I`m trying to strike a balance between a gallery style page and sales, knowing that I get most of my sales from shows. I designed it myself on dreamweaver and did all the graphics myself, so if you have any suggestions for how to improve those, its easy to change. I`d love any feedback, the good, the bad, the ugly. Thanks!
http://www.rcubedjewelry.comRCubedJewelry2/21/2008 6:25 PM

Comments

• RCubedJewelryRCubedJewelry subscriber Posts: 3
    Thanks for the feedback. I`ve tweaked the copy on the front page based on that site, I hadn`t considered that before. I`ve also renamed the page "Home." The product images are definitely an issue, but not one I can address all that quickly - that`s going to take money I don`t currently have, but it`s absolutely a future priority. Thanks so much for taking your time out, and if you could quickly look back and see if the changes help, that would be great.   
  • RCubedJewelryRCubedJewelry subscriber Posts: 3
    Thanks Craig! I`ve spent the last six hours fixing everything you talked about, good advice. If I were better with templates this wouldn`t be so darn difficult, but that`s how you learn, right? At this point it`s not worth it to me to invest in an automated cart ordering system, so I`ve combined ordering information with a new contact page. If you wouldn`t mind taking a quick second look to see if things look better to you, I`d really appreciate it. Either way, thanks so much for taking the time.
  • VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    At this point it`s not worth it to me to invest in an automated cart ordering system, ...

If your sales volume is low, the monthly fees for 3rd party carts and a merchant account can exceed your profit.  I have been using PayPal for the past few years because there is no monthly fee, and I my product sales (DVD`s of performances) are not regular.  Some month I don`t sell any, and others I sell a few hundred.
    Yes, the PayPal fees are slightly higher than a Merchant Account, but I only pay when PayPal processes a sale.
    Steve
  • stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    I think you have a great start!! Great JOB!

Erin