WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

How do you greet when you answer the phone?

bejamshibejamshi subscriber Posts: 4
edited August 2007 in Business Planning
Hi, hope everyone is having a good summer.What do you say for greetings when you answer the phone?Your company`s name?Your name?

Comments

• Options
    newwardnewward subscriber Posts: 0
    My office is in my dining room - so It`s usually hello...
    But always SMILE!  People can tell by the sound of your voice if you`re smiling - I swear it`s true.
  • Options
    bejamshibejamshi subscriber Posts: 4
    Like that lady with sleepCanada?  She always smiles when she talks it gets on my nerves soooo much.
  • Options
    CopelandCopeland subscriber Posts: 1
    I usually just say "Hello, *company name*." Don`t make it too long of a greeting. Also, the comment about smiling when you talk by newward is a good one - people CAN tell!b
  • Options
    SparkleGirlSparkleGirl subscriber Posts: 2
    I usually say "Hi, this is Roshelle with _____, how can I help you?" with a smile in my voice.  You never know who is on the other side.....
  • Options
    iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14
    I am with SparkleGirl... Since I AM one of those persons who only use a cell phone and now land line phone, I have found myself saying more than, "Hello."I found that by just saying, "Hello." Callers were a little confused as to whether or not I had answered. Maybe the line takes a second to become clear, so my "hello" might not be well heard. That`s why I lengthened my greeting just a bit and no long have the caller saying, "hello? hello is this Elusive Treasures?"So now what the heck do I say? "Hello, this is vince from Elusive Treasures, how can I help you?" OR when I am a little distracted, I will just say, "Hello, this is vince, how can I help you?"Nevertheless, I try to keep it short, but also friendly and remember to always smile... It really makes a difference in your mindset and the tone of voice you use.