WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Opened to Suggestions- Independent Accountancy Services

BreeAnaBreeAna subscriber Posts: 3
edited August 2007 in Website Critique
www.IndependentAccountancyServices.com</A>

Hi everyone!
We just recently created our website.  Please help us in perfecting it to a T. 
We are an Accounting Firm that focuses primarily on the affordability of Accounting Services for small business, especially start ups. 
Your opinions on how certain images, the content flow, grammar, spelling.  Scrutinize as much as you want. 
The website was created through Office Live. 

Thank you for your help!  Much appreciated.

BreeBreeAna2007-8-2 4:6:33

Comments

• misterblubsmisterblubs subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi BreeI agree with a lot of Craig`s feedback, but I don`t see any revolving images at top (I`m on a mac using Camino 1.5 browser). but I do see one small line of text being rotated near top.Yes, gradient/fade at top obscures text.Yes, content is king! Otherwise you risk being a "me too" business.[Over]use of stock photos ensures perception of mediocrity. Two columns of text need wider "gutter" betwen them.Overall, I don`t know where to start. As a customer, the valuable first 3-4 seconds spent searching for orientation could have been better spent being seduced by a primary and unique/compelling hook of a message.Keep plugging and improving!
  • vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    Bree,
    You face the problems created by using almost any sitebuilder, DIY website program.  You are limited as to the layout, format, and styles available.
    I don`t know the capabilities of the program... I just see the results. Unfortunately, there are a few issues as noted above.
    While white space is good... because your text is so small and images relatively large, it makes your text look smaller.
    The links on your "services" page show the folder/path of the document. You should used either the title of the document or important keyword as the text link instead.
    SEO: I`m not sure if you can do this with the page builder, but the titles of each page could be expanded upon AND you should add a meta description foreach page.
    ~Roland
  • BreeAnaBreeAna subscriber Posts: 3
    Hi Roland
    Thank you so much for your input.  Unfortunately, with the program (office live), it does not allow for an increase gutter space. 

Sincerely
    Bree
  • BreeAnaBreeAna subscriber Posts: 3
    Thank you all for your advice and critiques.  I would like to reciprocate the same when needed. 
    Respectfully,
    Bree