WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Ideas to keep a professional image

AzMackAzMack subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2007 in Business Planning
Hi All,

I am in the preliminary stages of trying to get sports specific training business of the ground. Currently there is a rather large market for this type of business as many local athletes are travelling over an hour and a half to seek professional training.

Obviously as with most start-ups funding is limited and I am trying to keep overhead as low as possible.  This is my dilemma, the area in which I live is cold hence the need for an indoor training facility. This facility needs to be at least the size of a basketball court for running and agilty drills. I have looked into renting a facility this size on a need basis ( 2 - 3 days a week 2 hrs each day) and do other primary training out of a smaller facility (weight lifting etc.)

Does anyone have any good ideas how to keep this less than perfect arrangement professional looking? Also, if I had to move athletes from one facility to another what kind of insurance coverage do I need?

I have decided to do a public style presentation as an initial attempt to get into public view. Any ideas to get the word out in the community about the presentation other than through high school coaches? Also, any ideas or links on how to pull of a professional image in this presentation without blowing too much money.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and any input, ideas or leads that you might have I would greatly appreciate it.

Aaron Mackenzie.

Comments

• Options
    angolaangola subscriber Posts: 2
    I`ve seen people do this type of thing at local gyms that have an indoor soccer center. They`ll rent the space for two hours and then have the gym available. If that is an option, perhaps that could work.
  • Options
    Hey thanks for the input. I actually live in Idaho about an hour and a half north of Boise. There is a CC close bye and will be a great option to check into. I dont think that there is any Lifetime Fitness centers in this area though.

Any ideas for a presentation. I am a generally good public speaker though I think will need help putting together a visual aid of high quality. Any suggestions to get a hold of equipment needed and perhaps someone to help on presentation.
  • Options
    Great help thanks a lot. I will get on the ball and keep you posted.

Aaron