WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Marketing Help for insurance, taxes, and computer services

fashgateservicesfashgateservices subscriber Posts: 1
edited September 2008 in Selecting a Business
I started a service company call fashgate services llc(www.fashgate.com</A>). I was so pushed my starting, but it seems like i have run out of gas on how to take to to the next step and letting people know about the services that we provide. I know times are hard, but i do not want to fall in that hole o not making my company a success. I need ideas on how to move forward pls.
Someone help!!!! I am in dying need of help

Comments

• Options
    SecurityProfessionalSecurityProfessional subscriber Posts: 2
    My view is that your service offerings are too broad: you are trying to combine several different, unrelated product and service lines into a single business. I think you will have a hard time convincing prospective clients that you are good at any of them. In addition, the name of your company doesn`t seem to directly relate to any of your service offerings.

You seem to offer services in three basic areas: insurance, tax preparation, and computer services. I would suggest that you pick the one, or at most two of the businesses that you like best on concentrate on these. Develop a business name for each business that reflects the type of product or service that you are offering, and then separately promote each business. It looks like you have a partner; perhaps each of you can concentrate on a separate business.

There is nothing wrong with having a business (such as Fashgate) that acts as a holding company for the underlying businesses, but I think that each business needs to have its own identity and be promoted separately if you are to be successful. Once the businesses start to take hold after a year or two, you can begin to try and start cross-selling services between the business lines. Trying to be everything to everybody at this point dilutes your message and makes it difficult to focus on anything effectively.
  • Options
    Michael Silva,
    Dear sir, how do you think i should approach these break downs? I have run out of money; in terms of making a new website. Please let me know if this the right move to make. Register fashgate insurance and fashgate taxes; while fashgate services becomes like the parent company, then i market each of them individually. The tax services pick time is from January to April. What do you think about this?
  • Options

Michael Silva,Dear sir, how do you think i should approach these break downs? I have run out of money; in terms of making a new website. Please let me know if this the right move to make. Register fashgate insurance and fashgate taxes; while fashgate services becomes like the parent company, then i market each of them individually. The tax services pick time is from January to April. What do you think about this?
  • Options
    SecurityProfessionalSecurityProfessional subscriber Posts: 2
    Without knowing all of the details of your circumstances, it is impossible for me to give any specific advice. If you are out of money, this sounds like more reason than ever to concentrate on just the one business that you feel is most promising and would be able to start generating cash fastest.You may want to sit down with a local business advisor (such as a SCORE advisor from the SBA) to review your business plan (if you have one) and decide how to proceed from here.

I personally think that, if you are short of money, and not able to obtain a loan or other financing, that you would be better off putting your business on hold and taking a regular job so that you can lay some money aside. I realize that this might not be what you want to hear, but waiting six months or a year and doing it right might give you a far better chance of long-term success than just "boot-strapping" it. 

Again, I would try and focus on the one business that you think has the best chance of succeeding and forget about the rest for the time being. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    flyemhighrocketsflyemhighrockets subscriber Posts: 1
    Yes I would diffently suggest to break down your services into different websites. Too many broad services makes a consumers thinks that you are not sure what you want to do. Yes and contracte on the businnes that you love doing the most, that brings the most profit, and maybe later on after the first business does better then you can launch the rest of your business.