WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Introducing myself

thedancecoopthedancecoop subscriber Posts: 1
edited August 2009 in New Member Welcome
I just joined SuN and I`ve entered the Homebased 100 competition -- we`re at the top of the Most Glamorous category with a few other businesses.  I`m working in a culturally undeveloped and rural area of Northern California, just outside the Napa Valley, to develop tourism, serious concert dance, and high-quality dance instruction through performances, classes, a concert series, and, eventually, a dance festival.

My business is unusual, so I`ve had difficulty finding self-help and I`m hoping that the creative people here will have some information that a penniless artist with a start up can use to keep the ball rolling.  We are building considerable momentum just because there`s never been anything like us  before -- right now dance performance and instruction barely get beyond the dance school recital -- and my inexperience with business development and related stuff makes me nervous. 

Currently I`m stumped on the financials for my business plan, two actually -- one for the Dance CoOp and one for the first production I want to fund -- and am looking for local supporters who will help fund the hiring of a professional to do it.  I`ve also pretty much exhausted my web design skills and it`s time for our own domain and a site that looks like I want it to look rather than the best I could do by the seat of my pants.

In November I`ll be applying to the New York Foundation for the Arts` fiscal sponsorship program which will let me work under their nonprofit umbrella while I develop my own 501(c)3.

I`m looking forward to connecting with people here!

Shannon

Comments